• GDT - Wild Card Round || 49ers @ Cowboys •

WizardHawk

2 minutes ago, Tony7188 said:

We ain’t “loaded with talent”

Its truly shocking to me how many football fans dont understand this very simple fact. Our "talent" is the most overrated thing in all of football. We saw it last year when Dak was injured and our entire team looked like a bottom 5 unit. That doesnt happen if you *actually* have great talent everywhere. 

Remember Matt Cassel? 11 wins. Thats what real talent, along with great coaching, looks like. 

• Like 2

Just now, Matts4313 said:

Its truly shocking to me how many football fans dont understand this very simple fact. Our "talent" is the most overrated thing in all of football. We saw it last year when Dak was injured and our entire team looked like a bottom 5 unit. That doesnt happen if you *actually* have great talent everywhere. 

Remember Matt Cassel? 11 wins. Thats what real talent, along with great coaching, looks like. 

We finished #1 in total DVOA

2 minutes ago, biggie. said:

McCarthy and Moore absolutely deserve to be immediately fired after that playcall. Absolutely atrocious decision.

Yea, it was certainly an...mmm...interesting call for sure. I would have preferred two throws in the end zone instead of just the possible one, albeit it would have been from a closer yardage standpoint.

Edited by HDsportsfan

I just knew the game would come down to the wire as it did. Such a frustrating game on both sides I'm sure. 

I thought we would win, but it was going to come down to coming through at the end...Not sure we did that lol. Some posters here were saying the Cowboys were much more talented, and those posters were dead wrong. As I told Rams fans, no team in the NFL has a talent advantage over the Niners. At worst it is just even. We just have a dumb QB who commits terrible turnovers and a team that always makes it harder than it needs to be. 

2 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

I just knew the game would come down to the wire as it did. Such a frustrating game on both sides I'm sure. 

I thought we would win, but it was going to come down to coming through at the end...Not sure we did that lol. Some posters here were saying the Cowboys were much more talented, and those posters were dead wrong. As I told Rams fans, no team in the NFL has a talent advantage over the Niners. At worst it is just even. We just have a dumb QB who commits terrible turnovers and a team that always makes it harder than it needs to be. 

As I said in the Gen forum - congrats on your win. It really sucks about your injuries, its going to make next week extremely tough. You guys played really hard and had a great game plan. 

As for making it more tough than it needs to be, you did just watch us put up 14 completely stupid penalties right? You are speaking to the choir. 

Edited by Matts4313

2 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

If Trey Lance is a hit, you guys are going to be a PROBLEM.

Garoppolo is atrocious, Shanahan is tremendous, and you have strong lines on both sides. Literally just some secondary pieces away.