2022 Playoffs: Round One Chat

RaidersAreOne

On 1/11/2022 at 8:32 PM, Ray Reed said:

Disagree again lol.

Pretty comfortable saying if this Rams team was somehow the 1 seed, most people would view them as a weak 1 seed as well.

One person (you) saying the opposite doesn’t count as “the consensus” lol.

Most people view the Packers and Bucs as better than the Rams this year in the NFC. I’m sure a number of others would take the Cowboys as well. If people view you as the 3rd/4th best team in your conference, you’d be a weak 1 seed.

I think most people would consider the Rams/Bucs a toss up if we played in the playoffs.

For Dallas...they went 6-0 against the NFCE, 6-5 against everyone else. The Rams went 3-3 against our division - given the opportunity to swap places with Dallas, we'd most likely be 14-3 or 15-2 with a point differential well over 100.

Dallas would likely be 10-7 and a wildcard.

That's also an oversimplification - the NFC is stacked this year. So being the 3/4 seed doesn't guarantee you'd be a weak 1 seed.

On 1/11/2022 at 11:47 AM, biggie. said:

Bengals are entering the playoffs red hot whike most people see the Raiders as benefiting from the third wildcard slot and "accidentally" made it. They have the ability to be a mega troll team.

Technically the Raiders and Bills are the most "red hot" teams entering the playoffs. Rattling off 4 straight wins against teams without losing records. 

Based on Weather.com hourly forecasts:

Cincy Weather Update

31 degrees around kickoff with around 10 mph winds, getting down to about 26 degrees in the 4th with the winds settling a bit to 8 mph or so.

Buffalo Weather Update

Its going to be very cold (8 degrees around kickoff down to 5 degrees in the 4th quarter)

The wind looks like it will only be around 6 or 7 mph.

Tampa Weather Update

Its looking like the rain is going to stop shortly before kickoff but it will still be 20-24 mph winds and a wet field.

KC is still outside of the window to see hourly updates.

Note: The forecasts had no detail on gusting winds above the reported wind speeds.

1 hour ago, FrantikRam said:

I think most people would consider the Rams/Bucs a toss up if we played in the playoffs.

For Dallas...they went 6-0 against the NFCE, 6-5 against everyone else. The Rams went 3-3 against our division - given the opportunity to swap places with Dallas, we'd most likely be 14-3 or 15-2 with a point differential well over 100.

Dallas would likely be 10-7 and a wildcard.

That's also an oversimplification - the NFC is stacked this year. So being the 3/4 seed doesn't guarantee you'd be a weak 1 seed.

I wouldn't say stacked. There is no elite team. Bunch of good teams and GB is favored because of homefield and 1 less game. Let them play on a neutral field and it's not more than a 2-3 point spread in any combination of GB, TB, LA or DAL.

25 minutes ago, notthatbluestuff said:

This shouldn’t be as funny as it is 🤣 cause if you watched it in context of the press conference video he clearly is just being super serious like he usually is. 

But, nah seriously… every QB doesn’t have to fanboy over Brady. I’d rather him give an honest answer.

Good job by PFF getting engagement though.

2 minutes ago, notthatbluestuff said:

If you can't remember, it's not a memory, is it? So you take the earliest one that you DO remember and THAT'S your "earliest memory." 

He can’t remember on the spot and doesn’t wanna sit and think about it or he just doesn’t really wanna answer it.

2 minutes ago, TheRealMcCoy said:

This shouldn’t be as funny as it is 🤣 cause if you watched it in context of the press conference video he clearly is just being super serious like he usually is. 

But, nah seriously… every QB doesn’t have to fanboy over Brady. I’d rather him give an honest answer.

Good job by PFF getting engagement though.

I mean this is how it should. Lock in on the playoffs and the game and find a way to win it.

• Like 1