Dolphins fire HC Brian Flores

.Buzz

15 minutes ago, y*so*blu said:

Totally unjustified. Meanwhile Joe Judge, who was thoroughly outcoached and embarrassed by Flores this season, is still in New York. This league makes no sense anymore.

To be fair, look no further then your Owner. 🤷‍♂️ I for one am eternally grateful Mara, Snyder and Jones don't own the Eagles.

I hope wherever he goes he's able to assemble a better staff than the one he assembled in Miami. 4 OC's in 3 years and hiring an OL coach with no experience to coach an OL made up mostly of rookie and 2nd year players was not the smartest move. Good at coaching defense though. 

• Like 1

Bizarre move because Flores' teams had several definitive strengths that guaranteed they would not be pushovers. Many of us were emphasizing that even during the early season struggles. This season was overhyped toward how good the Dolphins would be. It always figured to be a regression season, after vaulting directly from 5 wins to 10. The owner and front office should have clarity in that regard, instead of the idiotic approach of subjectively assigning every category up, up and away. 

The pressure defense and RPO offense terrorize so many lower and mid tier foes that you're almost guaranteed not to be bad. Now Miami is flinging open the permutations. The Dolphins could stumble upon a home run hire or they could go back to being a cupcake team.

If I were a division foe I would be thrilled by this move. It wasn't shocking at all yesterday that Miami was shoving around the Patriots including on the ground. The run blocking has been highly rated by many services all season. Not until Duke Johnson showed up did the Dolphins have anyone who could pick up the yardage that rightfully was there all season long.

RPO is a difficult balancing act. But if you're committed to Tua it has to be the foundation.