NFC Wildcard GDT: #7 Philadelphia at #2 Tampa Bay

Broncofan

Who wins today?  

41 members have voted

1. 1. Pick the winner!

Going to be windy, might be a lot of rain - but even if there's no rain, it will have passed earlier - so wet field.

Tampa gets ILB Lavonte David back off IR, and both JPP & Barrett are back.   Those are going to be huge, because the CB's Dean and Davis are battling injuries.     Philly's pretty healthy on their end.

The keys to this game:

-Can Philly get their run game started vs. TAM's D?   Last year, TAM was lethal in run D - this year, a lot more cracks, partly due to injury, partly due to regression with Devin White (is he battling a chronic injury?  Who knows).

-Can TAM's receivers exploit the PHI secondary?   They are still the weakest link in that PHI D, but TAM has Gronk, Evans (who's still battling injuries), and a LOT of guys who are stepping in bigger roles than expected.   I would expect Gronk to have a huge day on O.

-Will PHI's rest last week have them rejuvenated, and play free and easy in what seems to be a "house money" year (not expected to make playoffs, especially after their start)?   Or do they let up, since they've surpassed expectations?   Being in Philly, where expectations run amok, I expect the former over the latter.

-Will Siriani & co. go for broke gamecalling-wise?   It's the best way to try and win a game when you're the clear dog.    Can't be conservative, and play not-to-lose. 

-Who wins the TO game?   We know bad Jalen Hurts is a problem for PHI, but a TO-free Hurts would go a long way in keeping this close.

Given the roster turnover, and the fact PHI is very rested, I think they cover pretty easily, and the upset potential is there if they win the TO margin.   However, I'm not going to fade TB12, so I'm calling for a 27-23 if the weather is better than expected, or a 24-20 comeback W if it's sloppier.     Looking forward to this one!

Edited by Broncofan

The Bucs will win bc their strength is stopping the run and thats the only way the Eagles can win this game is running the football extremely well. Now I dont like how the Bucs have played down the stretch. They couldve easily lost to the Jets and they didnt look great for most of the 1st half against the Panthers. We all know they got shutout against the Saints. The Eagles played the Bucs tough earlier in the season making a comeback at the end only to fall short. I think the Bucs being banged up will play into if the Eagles can pull out the upset. Ultimately though I think the Bucs win bc I dont think Brady will allow his team to the lose. I look for players like Evans and Gronk to factor big in this game on offense.

I think this game will be close. The Eagles, Dallas game aside, are on a good run and ready to go. We’ve got injury issues and the defence has struggled early in the last few games.

If we start like we did against Carolina or NYJ, our playoff run will be short.

1 hour ago, stl4life07 said:

The Bucs will win bc their strength is stopping the run and thats the only way the Eagles can win this game is running the football extremely well. Now I dont like how the Bucs have played down the stretch. They couldve easily lost to the Jets and they didnt look great for most of the 1st half against the Panthers. We all know they got shutout against the Saints. The Eagles played the Bucs tough earlier in the season making a comeback at the end only to fall short. I think the Bucs being banged up will play into if the Eagles can pull out the upset. Ultimately though I think the Bucs win bc I dont think Brady will allow his team to the lose. I look for players like Evans and Gronk to factor big in this game on offense.

Tampa was 5-3 in their final 8 last year the are 7-1 this year 

33 minutes ago, Forge said:

Yikes… that is a big loss. He’s been our best pass rusher on the DL in the second half of the year or at least the last handful of games.

He missed every practice this week with an “illness”, but I figure he would still probably play since he traveled with the team, but I’m really glad they found what was wrong and assessed it. Just sucks to lose him for this one, because he was the only pass rusher I had some faith in winning against Tampa’s great pass blocking tackles.

Edited by TheRealMcCoy

I'm not sure I really want to slide that 19th overall draft pick back to 23rd just so the Eagles can lose by 17 in Green Bay next week.

It would be different if I thought this team had a legit shot to win the Super Bowl.

This is a weird one time scenario where we have 3 first round picks next year and have a chance to set the franchise up for years to come.

I will root for a good game and be happy with a win but a loss won't crush me here.

I'm really excited for loading up for 2022 either way.