NFC Wildcard GDT: #6 San Francisco at #3 Dallas

Broncofan

Who wins today?  

50 members have voted

1. 1. Pick the winner!

10 minutes ago, Broncofan said:

A couple of points about DAL's failings today on the coaching side:

-14 penalties and 6 pre-snap.  That's just horrific fundamentals.  Yes, the players get some of that, but DAL being the most-penalized team in the NFL, well, that's also very much on coaching.

-Game management - let's forget the last play, let's also talk about the decision to spend 40 secs down 16 pts in the 4Q to try and induce SF to take a TO.....when they had 3, and a 16-pt lead.     I get the game maybe goes differently, but the Boys couldn't get the O going after taking a delay of game penalty AND lost 40 secs for nothing.

Now, let's acknowledge that on SF's end, they were the better team, and deserved the W.   They should never have been in a position to lose.    But 2 things really conspired to give that chance - Shanny's EXTREME conservative game management (punting on 4th and 1 twice), and of course, JimmyG's weaknesses as a passer.

If SF doesn't have Bosa & Warner, man...... IMO it's a pyrrhic victory (much like how if TAM loses Wirfs and Jensen is compromised, don't like their chances at all).      Still, at least pretty much any team who watches game film will realize that much like 2019 season.....SF is winning despite JimmyG, not because of him.

Special Teams was horrible too. Gave up a fake punt & had a running into the punter penalty as well as giving up several decent returns. 

On a season long basis, our biggest weaknesses are dumb penalties, turnovers & special teams. 

Even on otodays broadcast they said Shanny acknowledged that their best case scenario there is to be neutral, not even good. We need a complete ST's overhaul next season

25 minutes ago, jrry32 said:

Moore probably gets a promotion. Let's be honest, plenty of brilliant offensive minds make derpy calls at the worst time. McVay and Kyle Shanahan love doing it.

Shanahan did it multiple times today and infamously did it during the greatest super bowl meltdown of all time

I’m also not convinced that it was even that bad of a call. I think Dak probably extended the play longer than he was supposed to. It was ballsy, and it didn’t pay off, but I don’t think it was anything too derpy.

but yeah, plenty of OCs who get scapegoated in playoff games end up getting HC jobs afterwards anyway, because NFL front offices aren’t as reactionary as forums and subreddits. Who would’ve thought