Cowboys "likely" to release WR Amari Cooper at start of league year

TheKillerNacho

2 hours ago, JonStark said:

He's only 27. There's still a chance we haven't seen his prime yet. 

Not saying I'd put my chips in that basket, but he's still got a lot of football left to play. 

I thought the dude was like 30, before checking earlier today.

3 hours ago, TheRealMcCoy said:

I can’t lie. I’m loving this.

Dak's going to end up getting cut in a few years and winning a SB with another team. 

The Jones family is so disgustingly inept and after this last year and their current off-season moves, I finally had enough and turned in my fan card. 

2 hours ago, .Buzz said:

Guess that answers that though. Personally, if I’m the Jaguars, unless I’m way off on his market #/what he’ll get when he’s released, I’d still be fine taking him at his current salary to secure him.

so a relative bargain for a #1 is still in play 

13 minutes ago, MrOaktown_56 said:

Philly, cleveland IMO.

Don't think we spend big money on a top tier FA WR or any position for that matter. Howie has typically gone for mid to low level FA signings since taking back over and I don't see him bucking that trend this year... but you never know.

1 hour ago, D82 said:

Dak's going to end up getting cut in a few years and winning a SB with another team. 

The Jones family is so disgustingly inept and after this last year and their current off-season moves, I finally had enough and turned in my fan card. 

You think Dak leaves on his own accord? I don't know.

I don't think the Cowboys are an inept organization. I definitely could argue they don't utilize FA to its fullest and don't draft as well later on as they do usually in the first round, but you guys usually have a good amount of talent and compete for the division almost every year. I think coaching woes for you guys have played a large part. You aren't maximizing all that talent that you do have.

I wouldn't trade in your fan card yet, but I understand the frustration.

1 minute ago, TheRealMcCoy said:

You think Dak leaves on his own accord? I don't know.

I don't think the Cowboys are an inept organization. I definitely could argue they don't utilize FA to its fullest and don't draft as well later on as they do usually in the first round, but you guys usually have a good amount of talent and compete for the division almost every year. I think coaching woes for you guys have played a large part. You aren't maximizing all that talent that you do have.

I wouldn't trade in your fan card yet, but I understand the frustration.

It’s the same thing year after year with this team. They do just enough to stay semi-relevant but will never make the necessary moves to get back to being a serious contender. 

Getting your hopes up for 20+ years now gets old. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, AZ_Eaglesfan said:

People want to crap on Cooper, but he is a top 15 WR aka he is a #1 guy. Does he have flaws? There is no question, but the reason he is being removed is purely because Dallas overpaid him and many other players as well. Many forget Dak was looking really rough in 2017/2018 until they traded for Cooper and magically his play improved again.

Cutting Cooper to pay Gallup and keep Zeke is just.... bizarre. 

Some people are tripping in this thread lol

1 hour ago, stl4life07 said:

Im not shocked. This what the Cowboys do. First it was Jaylen Smith that they paid big for and then let go and now its Cooper. I think Zeke could be next.

Every team cuts players; this isnt unique to the Cowboys. 

And much to dismay of everyone pooping on the Cowboys, we literally built his contract with very little in guaranteed money for this specific purpose. That we could move on if his production doesnt match his salary (it doesnt). 

As for Zeke, he would be cut already if we could afford it.