Colts trade QB Carson Wentz + 2nd to Commanders for 2nd + two 3rds

RaidersAreOne

45 minutes ago, .Buzz said:

There’s been issues with Wentz regarding off field/in the locker room since Philly. Why do we not consistently hear stuff like that from other teams who trade or let go of players?

The Athletic article literally states who even though Brissett wasn’t bad, he accepted coaching and was always viewed as a leader in the locker room. That’s always been a knock against Wentz.

Can you send it to me without the paywall?

1 minute ago, SteelKing728 said:

Can you send it to me without the paywall?

I’m just referring to that article. It’s The Athletic so I can’t really do so, but the blurbs kind of paint the picture from the post I quoted.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Forge said:

Its one of those situations where if you're a Washington fan, you either want them to be really good or really bad. Worst case scenario is that they finish like 8-9 or 9-8 and miss out on the the playoffs on the last week of the season with Wentz playing all 17 games lol 

Then that is exactly what will happen 

7 minutes ago, CrazyJoeDavola said:

I am an alumni of NDSU and grew up in the same hometown as him. I frequent the same circles as his parents as well. So I may be too close but it's also why I find it hard to understand because I do know who he is as person more than a player really. He still does charity events for his AO1 foundation back here in Bismarck and Fargo. So I don't think that has changed.

I get you, but while I think sports players doing charity is great its something that most players do and like I said how he interacts in North Dakota with people that all love him is different than how you act on a football team when things aren't going well. With that said, I still applaud him giving back to his community.

9 minutes ago, CrazyJoeDavola said:

Who knows though things change. Pressure can break a guy. The spotlight and media of the NFL is a little brighter and stronger than in Fargo. 

Agree with everything you just said here.

I think Philadelphia may be the toughest place to play in the NFL from a pressure stand point. It might not even be that close either. I'm not just talking about the fans booing players when they are playing bad, but the media will ask the tough questions and do the investigating and bring to light stuff that may go swept under the rug in other places. Eagles football is really under a microscope, especially since that's the most beloved team in the city.

5 minutes ago, .Buzz said:

I’m just referring to that article. It’s The Athletic so I can’t really do so, but the blurbs kind of paint the picture from the post I quoted.

it's amazing because it's literally, point-by-point, the exact same chatter that accompanied his departure from philly. didn't take to coaching, wasn't mentally tough, was a poor teammate, played too much hero ball. at what point do teams finally stop thinking they can be the magical ones who fix all that?

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, CrazyJoeDavola said:

The spotlight and media of the NFL is a little brighter and stronger than in Fargo. 

I hope Carson turns it around in DC, I shudder to think about the conseqwentzes if he comes up short again

fargo-foot_0.jpg

• Like 2

4 hours ago, ttitansfan4life said:

So Jimmy G to Indy? Love? I’m so confused at what the hell they’re doing…. But I’m sure we’ll continue to hear how great of a GM Ballard is…

He is. Do you disagree? 
Missed on Wentz, which was probably at least 50-50 Reich.

We have been a contender from the minute he came through the door. Just a QB (and possibly one more defender) away. We’ve beat some of the best teams in the league along the way. Battled adversity. Bounced back from rough starts to reach the playoffs. 

The way he manages assets is top 5. No question. After another flop look what he just got back for Wentz. 

Edit: I’m betting Garoppolo. Nobody wants Love. And we have the track record dealing with John Lynch

Edited by RTTRUTH
  • Like 1