Where does Baker Mayfield get traded to and how much does he go for? !Poll!

brownie man

Where does Baker get trade to and how much does he go for?   

162 members have voted

1. 1. What team trades for Baker?

• Seattle Seahawks
    • Indianapolis Colts
    • New Orleans Saints
    • Detroit Lions
    • Somewhere else

19 hours ago, Forge said:

I've seen them both. Baker still isn't very good and neither is Jones.  The Giants regime is not under any undue pressure, it's a new regime. They don't need to go from the 25th best QB to the 21st best QB and give up assets to do it. And that's before considering they also have Tyrod Taylor. 

Baker is better than Mariota, doesn't mean that the Falcons should be doing that either. 

I'm not a Baker guy but this seems like you're underselling the gap between him and Jones. It's probably closer to 28th to 20th.

12 minutes ago, Bullet Club said:

I'm not a Baker guy but this seems like you're underselling the gap between him and Jones. It's probably closer to 28th to 20th.

I named 22 that I think you could make a legit case for over Baker. At some point, you're just dragging the depths. 

I don't think Daniel Jones is very good, but he's also been in a bad situation. What happens if you put him in a good one?  Does he have Baker's 2020? Right now I feel like that is the difference between the two. We've seen Baker be serviceable on a good team. We haven't seen Daniel Jones on a good team. It's not a grand canyon leap to go from the 27th best QB to the 21st. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Forge said:

I named 22 that I think you could make a legit case for over Baker. At some point, you're just dragging the depths. 

I don't think Daniel Jones is very good, but he's also been in a bad situation. What happens if you put him in a good one?  Does he have Baker's 2020? Right now I feel like that is the difference between the two. We've seen Baker be serviceable on a good team. We haven't seen Daniel Jones on a good team. It's not a grand canyon leap to go from the 27th best QB to the 21st. 

Also have to note that Jones' propensity to fumble is a problem and it's easy to forget about but must be accounted for. Baker doesn't really have that. But Jones has gotten better in this regard as time has gone on, but don't think he'll ever be one of the most secure at that. 

• Like 1

And that isn't me saying that DJ is better than Baker...again, I do think that Baker is better. If they are both free agents next year, in a vacuum I'd sign Baker first (Team specific that would probably change. I feel like the niners would be a better fit with Jones if you're signing him as your back up). I just don't think the gulf is big enough that you would trade assets to go from Jones to Baker. 

7 hours ago, Blue said:

This is the thread that keeps on giving.

I remain unconvinced Baker doesn’t start games for Cleveland this year.

Even year Baker is going to be fringe Top 10, this thread will continue to give, and next year he will be 28-35, and will continue to give. I too love roller coasters 🎢 

Baker is much better than what he’s getting credit for. He is more than a fringe starter. I think he ends up being a legitimate good starter for someone. Crazy his value is this low given his talent level. He’s about 50x better than Sam Darnold and somehow he got way more value than Baker. 

20 minutes ago, BetterCallSaul said:

Baker is much better than what he’s getting credit for. He is more than a fringe starter. I think he ends up being a legitimate good starter for someone. Crazy his value is this low given his talent level. He’s about 50x better than Sam Darnold and somehow he got way more value than Baker. 

He could be better than a fringe starter, hasn't shown yet with any consistency.