DC Movie Universe

devils1854

16 minutes ago, Ty21 said:

Wait so Leto came in to add parts to a movie that came out and bombed years ago? He that in love with the role?

Honestly, if I got to play a role like the Joker or any of my other favorite comic or literature characters, no matter how bad the content, if they let me I would never stop lol

• Like 1

7 hours ago, kingseanjohn said:

Why are we pretending he did? Is there an interview or something I missed where it was said he did?

This is stuff that's all done in pre-production.

Yea ok, the guy who immersed himself so deep into his role that he was sending lewd things to his costars on set and rarely broke character between takes had zero input on how he looked. Let’s go with that. 

Not to mention, it wasn’t JUST the awful tattoos, it was him. All his weird mannerisms, and snarls and just everything about what they put on film was bad. 

A gangland Joker could have worked, and if he was giving some impressive performance but we just couldn’t take our eyes off of “Damaged” the whole time then sure I’d maybe I’d give him the benefit of the doubt. But it wasn’t that, he was so over the top and ridiculous that you almost stopped looking at all the unnecessary tattoos. 

Regardless of what you think of the movies, Robbie rose above the same stylistic choices and she is beloved by a large swath of the fandom. I’m aware that Quinn doesn’t come with the same baggage as the Joker, I’m only pointing out that it’s not just about the look. People hated the scars of Ledgers joker too until they got the performance that went with it. 

When it comes down to it, they are taking a failed movie, along with an even more failed performance, and getting the benefit of hindsight to adjust and recreate things based on the fandoms reaction/outrage. Must be nice to never have to acknowledge that and pretend this was the plan the whole time. 

4 minutes ago, Fresh Prince said:

If they don’t changed the personality of the joker I still don’t like it even if the look is better

Yep.  The look is absolutely fantastic, but Leto’s Joker was like... Still bad.

He was like that emo kid in high school who acted like he was hot **** because he had cigarette burns on his arm and smoked cigarettes and it was like... “Dude your hair is purple and you wear the same Slipknot shirt three times a week.”

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, MikeT14 said:

Looks like a handful of Buffy stars are coming out and saying what a POS Whedon is. Maybe this isn’t over. 

Like who? Whedon is kind of notorious for reusing the same actors in everything he does. Nathan Fillion, Amy Acker, Alex Denisof, Eliza Dushku, Dichen Lachman, etc etc

4 minutes ago, Deadpulse said:

Like who? Whedon is kind of notorious for reusing the same actors in everything he does. Nathan Fillion, Amy Acker, Alex Denisof, Eliza Dushku, Dichen Lachman, etc etc

Charisma Carpenter and ... let me find the article again. There were two. 

1 minute ago, MikeT14 said:

Charisma Carpenter and ... let me find the article again. There were two. 

https://www.vanityfair.com/hollywood/2021/02/joss-whedon-charisma-carpenter-buffy-toxic-work-environment

In the wake of mounting testimonials, including from Justice League stars Ray Fisher and Gal Gadot, Carpenter took to social media Wednesday to speak out about her experience on two Whedon shows. 

Carpenter writes on Twitter: “For nearly two decades, I have held my tongue and even made excuses for certain events that traumatize me to this day. Joss Whedon abused his power on numerous occasions while working together on the sets of Buffy the Vampire Slayer and Angel. While he found his misconduct amusing, it only served to intensify my performance anxiety, disempower me, and alienate me from my peers. The disturbing incidents triggered a chronic physical condition from which I still suffer. It is with a beating, heavy heart that I say I coped in isolation and, at times, destructively.” 

After Carpenter released her statement, her Buffy costar Amber Benson tweeted in support of Carpenter, and also alleged that the series had been made amid a toxic work environment.

24 minutes ago, MikeT14 said:

interesting. That's the thing that always struck me as strange, there are a group of like 20+ actors who just keep coming back to work with him, even in small roles and YEARS after their last time working together. Why would there be such a large contingent of actors who keep coming back if he constantly establishes mentally abusive work environment? 

It's possible that he has his favorites and treats them very differently and effectively shields them from the environment. 

OR

This contingent of actors are all suffering from Stockholm syndrome and can't kick him. 

Just now, Deadpulse said:

It's possible that he has his favorites and treats them very differently and effectively shields them from the environment. 

I think we're kidding ourselves if we don't think this exists in that environment outside of just JW, Singer, and others named. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Fresh Prince said:

If they don’t changed the personality of the joker I still don’t like it even if the look is better

Leto has what it takes to play a great Joker.   Sad he was so botched, but thats most of the DCEU.

The Honest Trailers crap is lame, and Redlettermedia actually appeared on their episode but stuff was cut out, stuff that was basically skewering HT.

This is excellent so check it out.

Batman: The Dark Knight Rises

1. The cringy Honest Trailers (featuring RLM)

2. The excellent skewering of HT by the RLM material they didnt use that was making fun of HT

Thesis: Redlettermedia is the best and most other youtube movie review stuff sucks.