DC Movie Universe

devils1854

10 minutes ago, 43M said:

I knew WB made it, but I wasnt sure if it was an official DC film.

Anything with licensed comic characters has the logo usually, even if they aren't officially affiliated with the film.  You see the Marvel logo before the old X-Men and Spider-Man movies.

I saw some wild *** theory of facebook about how the Flash movie is going to connect EVERY DC affiliated movie ever made all together and that it was all a grand plan.  Best laugh I've had in a while.

4 minutes ago, THE DUKE said:

Anything with licensed comic characters has the logo usually, even if they aren't officially affiliated with the film.  You see the Marvel logo before the old X-Men and Spider-Man movies.

I saw some wild *** theory of facebook about how the Flash movie is going to connect EVERY DC affiliated movie ever made all together and that it was all a grand plan.  Best laugh I've had in a while.

Didnt the Arrowverse kind of already do that?   They connected the TV shows AND movies.    Ezra Miller even showed up in an episode.     

The Flash movie will be used to retcon their inabilty to create a decent movieverse....but they'll surely screw that up too.

15 hours ago, Deadpulse said:

he's only been there since 2018 though, so his credits are:

Aquaman (good/successful)

Shazam! (good/successful)

Joker(great/successful)

Birds of Prey (mediocre to bad)

and WW84 (straight bad)

That aint terrible. 

True, although he was also a producer on The Conjuring, which was also at WB, so that's something, I guess. 

As for the DC slate, I think he's done a decent enough job with what he's been given. Unfortunately, WB is very hit-or-miss with their decisions, and I do mean very much so.

16 hours ago, BroncosFan2010 said:

Honestly, Joker was so good that I would take 4 guaranteed horrid films if it meant DC knocks one out on a Joker type level every 5th lol. 

Really?  Sounds like you've been bengalized by their owner.  Fan "I'll take the losing if we make the playoffs again one year".  

It's sad that an entertainment industry leader with the rights to Superman, Batman and Wonder Woman have dropped our bar of expectations so low.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, INbengalfan said:

Really?  Sounds like you've been bengalized by their owner.  Fan "I'll take the losing if we make the playoffs again one year".  

It's sad that an entertainment industry leader with the rights to Superman, Batman and Wonder Woman have dropped our bar of expectations so low.

I didn’t even find joker that great tbh and was bored half way through till the end.

Ray Fisher has been fired from the Cyborg role.

Dont know if the things he was saying were true, but he was saying some other stupid stuff.

Didnt think he was terrible as Cyborg.   Mightve been better if the role was written better...but I doubt anyone will miss him.

Still...what a trainwreck DC is. 😄

8 hours ago, 43M said:

Ray Fisher has been fired from the Cyborg role.

Dont know if the things he was saying were true, but he was saying some other stupid stuff.

Didnt think he was terrible as Cyborg.   Mightve been better if the role was written better...but I doubt anyone will miss him.

Still...what a trainwreck DC is. 😄

He's come off as a major **** for quite a while now. 

It's one thing to bring attention to poor behavior.  It's quite another thing to relentlessly gripe about it. 

If it was as bad as he suggested, other actors and actresses would have come to his defense en masse. 

I don't doubt he had a bad experience.  I do doubt he was treated as poorly as he suggests he was. 

The man has six acting credits.  Six.  Total.  Six total acting credits.  Two of those six are the same damn movie (Justice League/Snyder's Cut). 

The reality is he is destroying his own career.

WB tried to start an investigation, but Fisher refused to cooperate.  I don't know what kind of moron thinks that makes his argument look good.  "They did this, they did that!"  Alright, well let's look into that.  Can we ask you a few questions, "No!"

He is basically upset because of his role.  That's literally it.  He's upset he wasn't given more creative control over his role, but he has absolutely zero ground to stand on with that claim because he had literally two acting credits before his cameo in BvS. 

I do not doubt whatsoever that Joss Whedon is a gross gross man.  The accusations against him are pretty strong as far as the female angle, and it's ironic considering how he's been praised as a champion of strong female characters.  He's not.  He's a gross perv that uses that as a shield. 

https://www.thecut.com/2020/07/joss-whedons-controversies-and-alleged-bad-behavior-a-guide.html

But Fisher doesn't understand the nature of Hollywood.  You make a bad movie and you eat it and move on.  There isn't a single actor out there who hasn't made a bad movie.  If they eat it and move on, so does their career. 

Just read up about Keanu Reeves and The Watcher.  Dude got tricked into making a God awful movie (I literally couldn't get past ten minutes LITERALLY).  Keanu waited a got damn year before he basically said, "Yeah, that movie sucked I didn't want to do it." 

They just gotta let this **** handle itself.  Go through the proper channels and above anything, DO IT QUIETLY, NOT PUBLICLY. 

Joss Whedon has already been fired by HBO.  He has directed one single movie (Age of Ultron) in the past 6 years. 

I just really hate entitlement.  Dude's not entitled to a great role or creative control.  Ben Affleck couldn't even get creative control and he's made Hollywood billions.  He should have just shut up and taken whatever WB threw his way, but he couldn't do that and now the poor guy has probably ruined his own career. 

• Like 6

• 4 weeks later...
13 minutes ago, Fresh Prince said:

You know he re-did the look just because of the backlash. I don't believe for a second that Snyder wouldn't have used the original look.

Still though, I think Leto could do a decent Joker. The character direction/appearance they gave him was just garbage.

31 minutes ago, kingseanjohn said:

You know he re-did the look just because of the backlash. I don't believe for a second that Snyder wouldn't have used the original look.

Yeah, the backlash definitely impacted his look in this.

I also don't think Snyder ever had any intention of using the Joker in Justice League. He wasn't in principal photography and Snyder probably thought Leto had a few other opportunities to go head-to-head with Affleck.

I think this is more fan service/a bone for Leto.