Deebo Samuel Requests Trade

AFlaccoSeagulls

2 hours ago, Danger said:

I can't tell you how many times I've seen certain fanbases cope like this, only to be disappointed in the end.

Yeah, but as with the individual it depends what side of the coin you want to focus on. 

Tons of players have made a fuss about being in a certain situation during the offseason regarding something, usually their contract. Then it gets resolved, and people forget about it. The instances that are remembered are when a transaction is made and someone actually does get shipped out. 

They won't trade him to a NFC West team or NFC Super Bowl contending team (Packers, Bucs, Cowboys).

My first guess would be the Colts. Reich could do a lot with him. Second guess would be the Eagles. Third guess, the Jets. 

It's weird because you know his ceiling was Shanahan's system. So who is really willing to part with like a 1st, 2nd, and 5th for the guy and give him a huge contract...?

11 hours ago, KingTitan said:

It wasn't until like half way through the year that I saw his name getting attention. I didn't know that he was having a great year until late

Thats on you. 

Deebo had 1k receiving yards after 9 games. Not his fault you didn't notice it until later. 

11 hours ago, Packerraymond said:

You're really struggling to grasp what Deebo is doing here aren't you? 

Correct, he will be paid like (one of the top WRs in the league). By SF, or any other team with cap. He doesn't want to do the gadget stuff anymore, and SF has clearly taken a hardline that it's his role in the offense, so he'd rather be paid by another team who says "go line up out at X/Z and be WR1."

You are taking what the media is saying as gospel. 

The idea he is unhappy with his role is speculation. I think it's more likely he doesn't want to be paid like a hybrid player, but instead wants top tier WR money. If a team told you they wouldn't pay you top tier WR money because you are a hybrid player, you'd tell that team that you don't want to be used like that anymore. I think the media heard a fraction of that conversation and ran with it. 

Rapport said that Deebo wouldn't take 30 million from SF if offered, that's just crazy talk. Of course he would lol 

Deebo tweeted that the media needs to sell stories and that no one really knows what's going on besides his agent, the 49ers, and himself. To me, it felt like deebo was refuting the "he doesn't want to get the occasional handoff" narrative

• Like 2

3 hours ago, BayRaider said:

They won't trade him to a NFC West team or NFC Super Bowl contending team (Packers, Bucs, Cowboys).

My first guess would be the Colts. Reich could do a lot with him. Second guess would be the Eagles. Third guess, the Jets. 

It's weird because you know his ceiling was Shanahan's system. So who is really willing to part with like a 1st, 2nd, and 5th for the guy and give him a huge contract...?

I'm incredibly weary of the Eagles giving him a huge pay day. He has major health concerns to be giving that much money to. The draft capital isn't my primarily concern here.

5 hours ago, N4L said:

Thats on you. 

Deebo had 1k receiving yards after 9 games. Not his fault you didn't notice it until later. 

Well obviously. Don't know if you saw me saying I wasn't hating him.

It wasn't like the Niners were running through the league after 8 weeks. They were 3-5.  
He had 1 rushing TD and 22 yards carrying. Wasn't until week 9 that he became the "Wide-Back" that caught the media's eye.  He was having a great WR year on an average team. EASY to overlook. 
Just like not many would know that DJ Moore had almost 700 yards receiving and 3 TDs at the halfway point or any other good player on a team that isn't winning or in a major market. 

I'm sure people couldn't tell me who was playing well on the Titans at that point.

My main point was that he didn't seem to receive a bigger piece of media coverage until later. Yes, I wasn't paying attention to him. Sue me.

Also, like I said.....

"Get your money Deebo."

6 hours ago, N4L said:

Rapport said that Deebo wouldn't take 30 million from SF if offered, that's just crazy talk. Of course he would lol 

Deebo tweeted that the media needs to sell stories and that no one really knows what's going on besides his agent, the 49ers, and himself. To me, it felt like deebo was refuting the "he doesn't want to get the occasional handoff" narrative

Not when he knows he could get 30 from the Jets or Colts or Saints and they'd cave to his demands to be an outside only player. If SF was the only team willing to meet his market, sure the whole thing would seem fishy. If I can get paid the same elsewhere, get put in the role I want, and have a greater chance of getting paid again in 4 years, why would I want to go back to SF?

No one got to learn who's really connected in the media like Packers fans last year with the Rodgers saga. Rap was the only one at this point in 2021 saying he wouldn't go as far as saying Rodgers was done in GB. I tend to believe him more than anyone else because of his accuracy last off-season.

8 hours ago, TecmoSuperJoe said:

Yeah, but as with the individual it depends what side of the coin you want to focus on. 

Tons of players have made a fuss about being in a certain situation during the offseason regarding something, usually their contract. Then it gets resolved, and people forget about it. The instances that are remembered are when a transaction is made and someone actually does get shipped out. 

Indeed, like the Xavien Howard situation last offseason. Still a chance Deebo reconciles with SF... but it would probably take a large contract.

Just now, TheKillerNacho said:

Indeed, like the Xavien Howard situation last offseason. Still a chance Deebo reconciles with SF... but it would probably take a large contract.

Pretty much. 

If this is a problem that can be fixed by money, chances are decent it will be. 

If this is a problem beyond just financials, then it's going to be a much tougher road. 

9 hours ago, brownie man said:

Do you really think there could be any truth to this? 😂 

set the market so high none of your competitor cay pay this guy 😂 

no way Jacksonville is that cunning 

Maybe not but if you think about it, it's how the have nots can even the playing field a bit.

Jacksonville's WR room looks VERY similar to the Packers and Chiefs right now and better than the Niners if they trade Deebo.

Same for the Titans if they trade AJ.

6 hours ago, kramxel said:

Where are the potential landing spots?

Those who are able to change their offenses to include him in his hybrid role? And willing to pay him as he wants?

I honestly don't see that many... If any.

I've seen the Ravens get thrown around quite a bit, and tbh the only way I see it happening is something like:

• 49ers Receive
    • Marquise Brown
    • 2022(?) 2nd round pick
  • Ravens Receive
    • Deebo Samuel

Or some combination of Hollywood + a high pick for Deebo. Deebo needs to be extended this year and Marquise Brown needs to be extended next year. The Ravens aren't going to pay Hollywood because they also need to extend Lamar after this season as well. They can most likely extend Deebo this year and then Lamar next year - I THINK.

However, I don't think it's realistic that Deebo ends up in Baltimore whatsoever. I think NYJ is the most obvious landing spot.

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, TheKillerNacho said:

why?

contract negotiations break down?

Nobody really knows. I lot of gossip about various reasons. Usage, geography, money, etc. Darlington said that he spoke to Deebo directly and confirmed that he asked for a trade. He would not comment on anything else.  Everything else is just guesswork (even Deebo came out and said that reporters jobs were to make up stories when all that talk started lol).  

I think it comes down to money and contract and Deebo is a heart on his sleeve, emotional guy and he's riding the wave right now. Whether the 49ers can fix that if that is what it is, I do no know. 

If this is something that can be remedied through money, I think it will be. If it's something else it's a different bag of worms. 

6 hours ago, kramxel said:

Where are the potential landing spots?

Those who are able to change their offenses to include him in his hybrid role? And willing to pay him as he wants?

I honestly don't see that many... If any.

If a team has a need at receiver and can afford him, they will probably at least kick the tires and see what it would cost. Seems like its super early in the process and people aren't even sure if he's actually available. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Forge said:

Seems like its super early in the process and people aren't even sure if he's actually available. 

It would seem to me that Deebo and his agent had already firmed up a landing spot before asking for a trade- that's just prudent bizness. But they have to tiptoe around the tampering.

There was no amount of $$ the Packers could have offered Davante to stay - he wanted to play with Carr and live in Vegas - the land of no income tax and forever sunshine

Deebo has to offer up something, but I think all of the stumbling around the reason for leaving - is that he just can't play his full hand yet.

• Like 1