• Indianapolis Colts
    • Jacksonville Jaguars
    • Tennessee Titans

Feel free to post records if you wish.

Indianapolis
Tennessee 
Houston
Jacksonville

Colts have everything they need to take advantage of a nice roster - Matt Ryan will look, if not akin to his 2016 self, at least like a fitting copy of 2020 Rivers. That will be good enough to win this division.

Titans will be marred by a QB controversy with Tannehill having some rough patches and the shiny new rookie waiting in the wings. 

Texans won't be good, but rather just good enough to seem semi-respectable. 

Jags - terrible team, worse organization. Poor Lawrence; if only he'd landed elsewhere. Another bad year will be followed by yet more assurances that T-Law will come through just as soon as he gets some weapons around him.

This is the worst division in football.

I could see Jacksonville getting Etienne, a good draft class, a deep free agent class, a year 2 QB jump, and a massive upgrade at coach going from inept to 7-10 wins.

Matt Ryan is not the guy. His last good year was 2018. He might be fine. He won't be an upgrade on 27 and 7 at 94.6.

Tennessee is probably the best team here at peak and healthy but I expect neither in 2022.

The Texans are making lots of solid baby steps but 2023 will be the first year to consider them for a possible 1st place finish (not putting odds on that now)

If Matt Ryan can return to form a bit, I'll say Indianapolis. Tennessee's offense is really going to miss AJ Brown, IMO. He really helped that offense go.

Jacksonville could make major improvements, but I still suspect they'll have a losing record.

Probably Tennessee or Indy, but the Jags could sneak in if either of those two lose their RB1 to injury.  Tennessee's offense looks pretty meh without Henry and I don't believe Matt Ryan will return to mvp form.  I have no idea what to make of Houston. 

Im going with the Colts in this division. They couldve won it last season if Wentz didnt have a few meltdowns in game especially in one of the games against the Titans. I think Ryan will bring vet experience and he wont make those huge mistakes that Wentz made in key moments. I love Taylor running the ball and I also love the Colts OL. The weapons arent great but they are good enough. We know the defense is strong and the coaching is really good. 

As for the Titans I think they take a step back and I do think they still will compete for the division and playoffs but I just think Tannehill isnt the guy and he knows his days are numbered. I think he folds under the pressure of Willis looming behind him. Let him go through a slump of any kind like he did at some point last season and the fans and media will be begging for Willis to come even though we know Willis at this point and time probably isnt ready. He has to be ready now a days sooner rather than later. I think the key for the Titans is always going to be Henry. He is going to again have to carry this team. Hopefully he can stay healthy but I have to wonder if the big injury he had last season combined with all the touches he has will wear on him moving forward which will cause more injuries? If thats the case then thats going to definitely hurt the offense. I love the addition of Woods and I think the Titans thought process with Burks make sense but losing AJ Brown is a huge did. I really like the defense and the coaching so again the Titans will be in the division picture and playoff race and it wont shock me if they once again be on top but the AFC has gotten stronger and I think the Titans losing Brown and I have no confidence in Tannehill especially with Willis looming behind him could be the reason the Titans fall short of the division and playoffs.

The Jags need to just show promise especially Lawrence. I dont expect them to be a playoff team but I do expect to see them more competitive and I expect Lawrence to look like the #1 overall pick. The bar has been set with the likes of Burrow, Goff, and even Baker in his 2nd season. All leading their teams to the playoffs and in Burrow case going to the Superbowl. So the least Lawrence can do is be really good, more consistent, and helping the Jags be more competitive winning at least 6-7 games where next season maybe thinking the Jags could have a legit shot to sneak into the playoffs. But they spent alot of money this offseason and got the coach they feel will be good for Lawrence so now we will see if all of that will pay off.

As for the Texans, I dont think they have found their guy Mills but maybe if he impresses this upcoming season they could strongly consider not taking a QB in next years draft. The best case scenario for them is if Mills impresses, but the Texans get the 1st overall pick and they can trade that pick to a QB needy team who loves Stroud or Young and get a boat load in return to replenish the roster around Mills. Worst case scenario is Mills dont impress and the Texans get the 1st overall pick and they just take Stroud or Young in the draft next year and start to build around him. So just like the Seahawks and Falcons I have zero expectations for the Texans. I personally just want my guy Stingley Jr. to thrive and if the Texans dont show any type of real improvement by the time Stingley Jr. rookie deal is up I hope he demand to be traded to the Rams like Ramsey did with the Jags lol. I laugh but honestly Im not really joking. If the Rams can pull a similar trade for who I think can be a top 3 before his rookie deal is up and go to the Rams when Ramsey is literally on the back end of his career then Id be so happy. But yeah I hope Stingley Jr. kills it but this season I have zero expectations for them.  

• Like 1

22 hours ago, notthatbluestuff said:

Jags - terrible team, worse organization. Poor Lawrence; if only he'd landed elsewhere. Another bad year will be followed by yet more assurances that T-Law will come through just as soon as he gets some weapons around him.

Why are the Colts not able to beat this horrible franchise? 5-8 in their last 13 games against the Jags, getting outscored 325-241 in that span. Getting shutout multiple times. Not winning in Jacksonville since 2014. Choking to miss the playoffs.