The 2023 Draft Thread - We're picking #7

RaidersAreOne

17 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

Hooker apparently destroys Cunningham athletically, the dude that everyone debates about being the most athletic QB in NFL history alongside Mike Vick, put up monster stats in the SEC, I just don't see why he's not a lock to go #1.

Yeh, that is nonsense. Cunningham was an amazing athlete, an echelon higher than Hooker though he is a decent to good athlete no doubt. No comparison in my book.

11 minutes ago, ronjon1990 said:

Unequivocally, no. Consequences aren't cherry picked like that. His slack is that he wasn't formally charged with anything and thrown in jail, thus allowing him to go on and still make millions of dollars that he'll probably not put towards helping out the families destroyed in part by his actions. 

As for Ruggs, who knows. His reactions on the scene did him zero favors as far as empathy goes in my book though. He showed himself to be about as selfish as it gets until he's the one affected. I think Henry Ruggs would do what he did- throw a tantrum on the side of the road in a giant pity party for himself. 

Never underestimate the ability of people who have the world literally given to them to pretty much not give a **** unless it hurts them individually. Legally, Carter is in the clear as far as I'm aware. Morally, I think he's pretty damn bankrupt. 

Says the guy who has no legitimate details about the incident outside of what’s been reported in the news. 

• Like 1

No winning this argument. You can't for one second know the makeup of a kid, his pyche and how thing affect him. To judge someone you don't know is misguided.

We all make mistakes as young men. Who here didn't think they were invincible in their 20's? It's how we reflect on them and what we do after that matters. And that is not for us to decide. 

It's on your staff to evaluate and do deep work on the player and understand the details. Not what attention grabbing click bait the news puts out, but the reality of the situation and who the kid is. 

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, big_palooka said:

No winning this argument. You can't for one second know the makeup of a kid, his pyche and how thing affect him. To judge someone you don't know is misguided.

We all make mistakes as young men. Who here didn't think they were invincible in their 20's? It's how we reflect on them and what we do after that matters. And that is not for us to decide. 

It's on your staff to evaluate and do deep work on the player and understand the details. Not what attention grabbing click bait the news puts out, but the reality of the situation and who the kid is. 

If you are sold on Carter, I would trade up at least a few spots for him personally.

IMHO, stroud is the only guy I would trade up for (positional importance+best overall QBs) Anderson and Carter are blue chip, however, with our current boat load of needs? They either fall to me or I’m trying to find a trade down partner. Gonzo, Carter or Anderson are my non QB picks at 7.  All 4 gone? I’m trading down if at all possible. I’ve been preaching trade down since 04. Nothing has changed for me. Lol

Honestly in regards to the UT QB position, I’m going to be interested to see how Milton does this year. He is a physical freak and looked to have really grown this year in his starts. Also, he is a hell of a leader in the locker room. 

13 minutes ago, FloydFan said:

Y’all way underplay Hooker’s athleticism. Watch some damn film of the kid man. Getting out of hand. He will be a better NFL qb than Levis or Richardson, bank on it. 

Man tell em! Last 3 years comparison.

Hooker 390 att, 1666yd, 19TD's

Cunningham 305 att, 223yds, 9TD's 

Edited by raidr4life
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, raidr4life said:

Kid is fast on the field and the tape shows it. I don’t care what a high school 40 time says. 

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, jpaulthe1st said:

Says the guy who has no legitimate details about the incident outside of what’s been reported in the news. 

Why do you think I said he was out of legal peril? 

Because it's all SUBJECTIVE. I don't need "legitimate details" for a subjective opinion. 

If I were citing potential legal ramifications as an objective one, different story. 

Still learning how to read, are we? 

32 minutes ago, raidr4life said:

So in your opinion Hooker has Mike Vick tier athleticism? Because to “destroy” Cunningham athletically that’s the level he’d have to be on. 

29 minutes ago, FloydFan said:

Kid is fast on the field and the tape shows it. I don’t care what a high school 40 time says. 

Fast enough to say that he destroys arguably the most athletic QB in NFL history in terms of athleticism? Lmao