The 2023 Draft Thread - We're picking #7

RaidersAreOne

17 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

Wouldn't mind a DT either but I hope that we get at least one quality starting OL early in the draft. If Parham pans out that'd give us three foundational OL to build the unit around.

Miller, Parham, and a quality rookie on the right side.

To be honest, I didn't think James did anything egregious last week either. The snaps were on point and he didn't look terrible blocking. Nothing special, nothing outlandish. 

Miller, Parham, James, rookie would give us a solid enough line. Right now, it's just having an entire side of the line that's in flux that's concerning. If we commit to Parham and Munford, and they pan out (rookie struggles to be expected) we have a much less concerning problem. 

9 minutes ago, ronjon1990 said:

Miller, Parham, and a quality rookie on the right side.

To be honest, I didn't think James did anything egregious last week either. The snaps were on point and he didn't look terrible blocking. Nothing special, nothing outlandish. 

Miller, Parham, James, rookie would give us a solid enough line. Right now, it's just having an entire side of the line that's in flux that's concerning. If we commit to Parham and Munford, and they pan out (rookie struggles to be expected) we have a much less concerning problem. 

I honestly might prefer to use Parham at LG and then roll with Munford and JE on the right side. 

• Like 2

40 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

I honestly might prefer to use Parham at LG and then roll with Munford and JE on the right side. 

For now, I would unless we sign someone. 

At least gives us some consistency in the lineup and uses the guys with the most potential as it currently stands. 

4 hours ago, OnlyGlove said:

Any QBs to take in the middle of the 1st round?

None that really jump out to me other than Will Levis. 

Not really a big fan of Young or Stroud. 

Maybe KJ Jefferson. I'm tepid on Anthony Richardson. 

Really not a great year to be looking for a future franchise guy, imo. 

18 minutes ago, ronjon1990 said:

None that really jump out to me other than Will Levis. 

Not really a big fan of Young or Stroud. 

Maybe KJ Jefferson. I'm tepid on Anthony Richardson. 

Really not a great year to be looking for a future franchise guy, imo. 

Regardless of what we see early in the CFB season, we can’t go another year trotting Carr back out there

1 hour ago, agarcia34 said:

I think the Raiders biggest issue is IOL not RT tbh. Easily the worst pair of OGs in the NFL. 

I don't normally quote PFF and have not had the chance to re-watch the game but PFF grades had RT as the worst position on the team in week 2.

Munford - 32.4

Eluemunor - 44.4

Cotton - 52.4

Parnham - 53.2

On 9/19/2022 at 1:25 AM, bucksavage1 said:

Regardless of what we see early in the CFB season, we can’t go another year trotting Carr back out there

Would need to develop someone behind Carr. This fan base is to impatient to give a rookie a chance. Most would expect some crazy Justin Herbert start to his career. No chance this fan base would be patient enough for a Josh Allen type development. Most would have buried Allen in year 2 if he was a Raider.

Edited by big_palooka
  • Like 5