Browns trade Baker Mayfield to Carolina for conditional 2024 5th

Forge

45 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

Agreed, but he didn’t want Baker and made that well-known. 

Baker is a fringe Top 20 QB. Darnold is a fringe Top 40 QB. Corral is no where close to ready, and likely will bust. 

Anderson has been teammates with darnold his entire career. He was probably just sticking up for his teammate and friend. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, BroncoSojia said:

The Panthers got Baker Mayfield for a conditional 2024 5th round pick and only had to pay 5 mil of his salary. Not sure if there's any downside to this deal for Carolina.

As a Falcons fan I’m rooting for Baker not to play well, but part of me feels like this is quite the steal of a deal they got. 

People are taking about how Baker is gonna have a “revenge” game in week 1 but for what exactly?

He was a mediocre QB for 4 seasons and the browns thought they could upgrade with a star.  

If you played like a number one overall franchise QB they would’ve never entertained Deshaun. There was zero rumors about the bengals ravens chiefs bills chargers cardinals trading for Deshaun why? Oh because their QBs are actually good lol

Edited by CP3MVP

53 minutes ago, CP3MVP said:

People are taking about how Baker is gonna have a “revenge” game in week 1 but for what exactly?

He was a mediocre QB for 4 seasons and the browns thought they could upgrade with a star.  

If you played like a number one overall franchise QB they would’ve never entertained Deshaun. There was zero rumors about the bengals ravens chiefs bills chargers cardinals trading for Deshaun why? Oh because their QBs are actually good lol

I mean, duh. He just played 4/5 of a season with an injured foot and a broken non-throwing shoulder. Taking a lot of hits from crappy tackle play. You can question his intelligence for keeping on playing under those conditions but you can't question his heart or commitment to the team and the first thing they did was trade for a sexual deviant. Pretty obvious why he may have revenge on his mind.

He was good as a rookie and his third year with solid playcalling and decent tackles. The other two years he was put in a bad spot by terrible playcalling and awful tackles. Sure, maybe Mahomes or Burrow or Allen (Lamar was healthy and had a worse season than Baker so I'm not including him) would have been fine, it's unknown, but I'm not sure that's a reason for him not to feel jilted.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, CP3MVP said:

People are going to hype up Baker getting revenge because it’s what they want.

The reality is that he’s going to have a rookie LT trying to block Myles Garrett in his first ever NFL game.

Then he’s going to have to rely on a shaky WR core against (I’m biased) what could end up being the 1st or 2nd best secondary in the NFL.

45 minutes ago, candyman93 said:

People are going to hype up Baker getting revenge because it’s what they want.

The reality is that he’s going to have a rookie LT trying to block Myles Garrett in his first ever NFL game.

Then he’s going to have to rely on a shaky WR core against (I’m biased) what could end up being the 1st or 2nd best secondary in the NFL.

I'd expect to see a heavy dose of McCaffrey and Hubbard if they are smart.

If Baker wins the gig I'd also expect them to play to his strength which Cleveland never did. Uptempo. No more snapping the ball with a second left on the clock like 2019 or 5 wide from shotgun like 2019 and 2021.

• Like 1