OT Duane Brown Signs With the Jets

Abe56

7 minutes ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

I mean, this is just one person's opinion but I feel like if he was still a solid player Seattle would've brought him back given that their OL is a complete joke (once again) right now.

I mean you guys aren't exactly in the business of signing older players at this point. That alone does not indicate that Brown is a bad player. 

7 hours ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

I mean, this is just one person's opinion but I feel like if he was still a solid player Seattle would've brought him back given that their OL is a complete joke (once again) right now.

Well considering they drafted a LT really high, they probably are trying to go younger. Doesn't mean he can't still play. Reports are he had a couple options, Jets weren't the only team interested, just felt the best fit for him. 

The comments are typical, they did not overpay, that is pretty standard for a starting OT. I am sure there is the ability to get out of year 2, doubt the Jets committed themselves to 2 years.  

This was a move made by necessity, at first the Jets wanted to bring him in for depth. But now, its necessity because of Becton's injury. Jets aren't trying to have Becton's injury destroy the season for the OL, they have some solid players up front. Brown should at the very least be a solid player. 

14 hours ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

He made a pro bowl last year of past reputation. People are so desperate for LT’s that a good one wouldn’t be available in august.

Edited by CP3MVP

5 minutes ago, CP3MVP said:

He made a pro bowl last year of past reputation. People are so desperate for LT’s that a good one wouldn’t be available in august.

By all metrics he was an average starting LT last year.  The reason he was still available was because of age not on field play.  There is literally zero reason to suspect he won't be an average OT this year especially since he will be next to a very good OG depending on the side he plays on.  Assuming this is a glorified 1-year deal this is a homerun deal for the Jets.  Having opposing defenses attack a career back up in Edgoa or a rookie in Mitchell all year was not ideal for a 2nd year QB to help his development.

The Jets assuming health should field a top 10 OL this year and a very productive rush attack.  All 5 positions should be average or better. 

5 hours ago, Rockice_8 said:

By all metrics he was an average starting LT last year.  The reason he was still available was because of age not on field play.  There is literally zero reason to suspect he won't be an average OT this year especially since he will be next to a very good OG depending on the side he plays on.  Assuming this is a glorified 1-year deal this is a homerun deal for the Jets.  Having opposing defenses attack a career back up in Edgoa or a rookie in Mitchell all year was not ideal for a 2nd year QB to help his development.

The Jets assuming health should field a top 10 OL this year and a very productive rush attack.  All 5 positions should be average or better. 

Ok So you admit he’s not a good LT anymore and good LT’s aren’t left on the free agent market in august. Thanks