Dan Snyder hires Bank of America to explore sale of Commanders

RaidersAreOne

46 minutes ago, ramssuperbowl99 said:

Nah, "Snyder explores sale of the team" means "Snyder has a number and he'll let a journalist leak that he might sell the team if someone goes nuts". "Snyder has outsourced the sale" means he wants bids, even if they don't meet the magic number.

Hard to imagine a better sign. Congrats.

Yep. You don't hire the firm unless you're going to actually do it. Its the same thing the Lerners did with the Nats. Bezos will be the owner by the start of next season.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, lavar703 said:

Yep. You don't hire the firm unless you're going to actually do it. Its the same thing the Lerners did with the Nats. Bezos will be the owner by the start of next season.

Yep. Chelsea FC went for $4.1 billion to the owner of the LA Dodgers ownership group, so I'll lazily say the Commies go for $5B. Snyder is going to get a massive pile of money and everyone is gonna play nice in the sandbox.

This is the Bezos team I would think. If he doesn't shoot his shot at Washington, which is an area he has moved Amazon HQ2 to, owns the Washington Post, and one of his massive homes, then it has to be waiting on Seattle. I think going for the available one is the shot to take though.

Edited by Trojan

- The only interpretation of this, to me, is that someone, or multiple people, got to him and convinced him that if he came up against 30 other billionaires, he was going to lose badly. The only way he changed his mind this fast is if he became aware of, or stopped ignoring, major consequences to himself for threatening other owners.

- He won't sell to Bezos and the league won't approve that other guy. He'll sell to some private equity vulture that we've never heard of.

Would have been nice if he had stayed with Washington Football team for one more year so that the next owner could rebrand the team with something better than Commanders. Ah well.

They can still do that if they want to. Putting the chaos of the last few years behind them

Edited by Superduperman
  • Like 2

On 10/14/2022 at 9:28 AM, incognito_man said:

Nobody uses tin foil anymore.

It's aluminum foil

Which is a government conspiracy to eliminate the only way to prevent their mind control. Everyone knows tin foil works but aluminum foil doesn't. Only the sheep are using aluminum foil

EDIT: this post was older than I though. Didn't realize the threads merged

• Like 4