Week 8: Packers @ Bills on SNF / Postgame: Packers lose to Bills 27-17, fall to 3-5

FAH1223

26 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

Some of the Jones tosses were scored as passes.

LaFleur said they had 40 plays before the hurry up offense situation (that is your problem right there), he called 22 passes and 18 runs or "run solutions." 

You can't run the ball with your defense on the field. The comical lack of execution on 3rd downs was our issue.

It's more than just 3rd down though. 

This offense is so stilted that its idea of a successful play is a gain of 6 yards. 

32 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

In the last 10 quarters yeah, but flying out to London we were #2 in the league in explosive plays. 

Film tells the tale... We abandoned the run with some to now little success so why respect it at all? Jones is our offense but what ratio do we run it through him? Honestly I'm with 12. I'm ready for this game. Lets either show up or be shown out. Either way we could still make the playoffs. I just want to see some sign of life...

9 hours ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

We ran 12 times. That is 3 rushing attempts per quarter. 

If: Lewis-Bakh-Jenkins-Myers-Runyan-Nijman can't run the ball, you have a coaching and play calling problem. 

Agree with all of that except we need to add that there also is a talent problem.

Bakh and Jenkins aren't playing to previous levels, at least to this point.  

Myers and Runyun aren't plus players at all.  At least not yet.   Nijman is in a new position and most likely his head is swimming.   This coaching staff sure doesn't seem to trust him either.   If they believed in him the original lineup configuration would have been different to start the season and they wouldn't have put him on the bench the last 2 post-season games.

12 hours ago, Packerraymond said:

In the last 10 quarters yeah, but flying out to London we were #2 in the league in explosive plays. 

Almost makes you think that some DC's watched our film and knew that we wanted to keep throwing those gimmicky WR stand up passes and screens all game long.

And that our QB will ignore certain receivers and large parts of the field.

And that our QB isn't throwing an accurate deep ball.

So they changed how they play us and is simply crushing us based on tendencies.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, vegas492 said:

Almost makes you think that some DC's watched our film and knew that we wanted to keep throwing those gimmicky WR stand up passes and screens all game long.

And that our QB will ignore certain receivers and large parts of the field.

And that our QB isn't throwing an accurate deep ball.

So they changed how they play us and is simply crushing us based on tendencies.

Because the big plays are still open on tape and we're making mistakes that don't allow us to convert them.

7 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

Because the big plays are still open on tape and we're making mistakes that don't allow us to convert them.

Yes, they are there.  But as I said, it's like DC's figured out what Rodgers is comfortable throwing.  Whether it be a spot on the field, or a WR and they are taking that away.

You said it before...for things to change, Rodgers just has to hit some deep ones that are there.  And he isn't.

I'll maintain that until he hits a few of those, we are going to see DC's flying up to stop our short gimmicky pass plays.  

To be fair, this is Aaron Rodgers and they are playing with fire.  But really, they are playing with a 4 year old who is playing with a box of matches that have been left outside in the rain overnight.

13 hours ago, Packerraymond said:

I hate how completely random the NFL is this year because it gives me a slight glimmer of hope for this game.

I agree, but I am running in mental circles trying to understand how to coax this randomness to victory. Is it George Costanza week? The team should be doing the opposite of everything? Start Touré. Bench Rodgers. Purple Gatorade?

Or does this all come down to me scraping 40 year old carpet glue off the basement floor for hours on Sunday without even taping the game that everyone then talks about for weeks?

Opposing defenses have our offense dialed in, no doubt.  It’s not hard to spot on tape.  Even still, if mistakes were minimized it could still be effective in spite of defenses cuing in on the scheme.  But Sunday night would be a great time for MLF and AR to throw some curve balls and mix it up if possible.

Bottom line - coaching and execution have to improve…greatly.

The randomness of the league may make the game closer than the 55-10 score I got a feeling this will turn into.  But whether we lose by 30 plus or just 3 points, a loss is a loss and I just don't see any way around coming out of here at 3-5.

I got a feeling it's going to be 2019 San Francisco bad because on defense, that clown Joe Barry won't have an answer for Devin Singletary, and on offense, we gotta watch this inept group led by Matt LaFailure stink it up again.