Week 8: Packers @ Bills on SNF / Postgame: Packers lose to Bills 27-17, fall to 3-5

FAH1223

1 hour ago, incognito_man said:

I was really excited for this game since it was scheduled. Ugh. Shame our team sucks and it'll be a blowout.

Rooting for Buffalo in the AFC though for sure.

Not sure about a blowout.  Pack will bring their A game.  Probably best game they will have played all season.  It won't be enough though.  Think I'd take the Pack and the points in this one.  Buffalo 34 Packers 26.  I'll be routing for Buffalo as well in the AFC.  Hope they win the Superbowl.   Well hope the Packers win the Superbowl first and foremost but that's looking like a pipe dream now. 

1 hour ago, Scoremore said:

Not sure about a blowout.  Pack will bring their A game.  Probably best game they will have played all season.  It won't be enough though.  Think I'd take the Pack and the points in this one.  Buffalo 34 Packers 26.  I'll be routing for Buffalo as well in the AFC.  Hope they win the Superbowl.   Well hope the Packers win the Superbowl first and foremost but that's looking like a pipe dream now. 

The sheer optimism. I appreciate you, Scoremore.

55 minutes ago, incognito_man said:

How many more losses until Rodgers is IRd with his thumb and we role with Love?

Fascinating question.  

@ Buffalo, @ Detroit, Dallas, Tennessee, @ Philadelphia 

Alternating wins seems likely.   Dallas game is intriguing. 

3 hours ago, HighCalebR said:

The sheer optimism. I appreciate you, Scoremore.

Thanks HighCaleb...pretty sad when I predict them to lose and that's optimism.  Just reading some comments on this board and man thought I was down but guess not as much as most everyone else.  Can't say I blame them the Packers have been downright pathetic.   Think the team will be up for this one.  Give them about a 15% chance of pulling out a victory.  60% chance of losing by one possession.  25% chance of a blowout.  

Think the Packers will play a good game and some unexpected players step up.  We'll feel encouraged after the game but it will be a loss. 3-5 ughhh.  Not much wiggle room after that if they want to make the playoffs.  It would have to be run the table time.  If the season is to be salvaged it will have to start this week.  They lose in a blowout forget it I'll officially write them off. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, squire12 said:

Fascinating question.  

4-1 for this stretch. 7-5 after Philly.

Gummies are part of my food pyramid.

1 hour ago, squire12 said:

Fascinating question.  

That looks like 2-3 at best.  Think we win against Detroit, and then we beat either Tennessee or Philadelphia.

23 hours ago, Packerraymond said:

Absolutely no way is their OL or DL better than ours on paper. It may be currently playing better, but that's my point, we have a really talented roster that is underperforming.

Im not sure how you can look on paper and say we have a better dline.

Von Miller vs Gary is a wash.

Jordan Phillips has been on fire this year. Him and Kenny Clark wash. 

They recently got Ed Oliver back from injury with their NT Dequan Jones.

Give me those two over Reed and Dean.

Their second year 1st and 2nd round rushers have been killing killing.

Greg Rousseau  > Preston smith.

Basham and Aj Epanesa >>> our 3rd and 4th edge rushers.

As far as Oline....

Tbh those ACL injuries may have robbed Jenkins and Bahk of what made them special. Our interior oline has been AWFUL this year.

So the on paper argument may have worked before week 4 or 5.

Milano is the Best ILB in the league this year and Edmunds is pretty good as well.

Its looking more like Campbell just had an anomaly year in retrospect and Quay is going thru growing pains at best.

The only positions we can even argue  better at talent wise is RB and CB... Their TE/HB group is lowkey really deep. Between #41 and #85. Very good athletes behind Dawson Knox.

Edited by GHARMON9
  • Like 2

11 hours ago, Scoremore said:

buffalo will do plenty of routing this week, you dont need to

• Like 1

The talent isn't much different on these two teams, one is executing, and one isn't so far this season. 

The Packers are 0-6 all time in Buffalo, the last visit there the Packers were a 4-point favorite and Rodgers played awful and the Packers found a way to loss 21-13. Rodgers was 17-42 for 185 yards and 2 INTs with a QB rating of 34.3 that day. Is Buffalo another Tampa in the head of AR? If Rodgers plays like he should they will have a chance, if Rodgers continues to have the mental yips it doesn't matter who they play. 

The +10.5 number is screaming for the wise guys to pound the Packers late on this line, but the thing that gives me pause is all the players talking this week about what other players need to do. Not a good sign. Should be time to just shut up and do your damn job, but Rodgers has already pointed the finger at everyone but himself. Win or lose this week will tell us a lot about the leadership in that locker room.      

• Like 1