Week 9 Gameday Thread - Green Bay Packers (3-5) at Detroit Lions (1-6)

Striker

6 hours ago, R T said:

Well Matt my comment said nothing about that particular tweet, nice spin away from my original point though. 

I wasn't attacking you, I was agreeing with you. My point about people getting upset about nothing was about the original tweet, not you.

• Like 1

Frankly, I think this game comes down to Dan Campbell. He’s a fantastic coach until it matters, then he delivers a self-uppercut to the groin. He’s unnecessarily risky. The players play hard for him, but when they continually watch those “L’s” pile up because of poor coaching decisions, they’ll start to turn. 

My prediction is that the Lions lose because of a terrible Campbell decision in the last 2 minutes of the game or multiple failed 4th down attempts. 

17 hours ago, squire12 said:

Game vs Detroit is about as must win as can be at this stage.  Dropping to 3-6 with a conference record of 2-4 and Dallas coming off a bye week as the next game is a tough ask.  Team needs to get some confidence and notch a W.

not to mention this is one of very few 'should be a win' games left on the schedule.

21 hours ago, wcblack34 said:

Frankly, I think this game comes down to Dan Campbell. He’s a fantastic coach until it matters, then he delivers a self-uppercut to the groin. He’s unnecessarily risky. The players play hard for him, but when they continually watch those “L’s” pile up because of poor coaching decisions, they’ll start to turn. 

My prediction is that the Lions lose because of a terrible Campbell decision in the last 2 minutes of the game or multiple failed 4th down attempts. 

I'm going to have to add that phrase to my vocabulary.  Hahahaha

• Like 1

On 11/5/2022 at 1:40 PM, HokieHigh said:

If anyone finds where the packers r stayin feel free to post it on here so i can go full britpack on gute and mlf

Here is the definitive stalkers guide into the best ways to interact with our team the Green Bay Packers :

1) Hotel identification. Not that hard. Get a list of hotels in the area that are no more than 1 hour drive from stadium and of high quality. Quick phone calls to find out availability of rooms will help you narrow down possible hotels that the Packers would be staying at. Sometimes local media might even drop a clue.

2) Once you go to the potential hotels, the appearance of security will confirm whether the Packers are staying there or not

3) Get friendly with security, they will help you out to get in front of players, timetables etc

4) When you see players make sure you know who they are. Trouble I had was I know jersey numbers and some faces but most guys I had no idea who they were when wearing a tracksuit or jeans. Spend some time on the Packers site and look at the photos.

5) The players will ignore you. Even though you think you have significance, you have no significance to them, even if you are the only fan there.  Knowing who they are is half the battle, the second part is knowing something about them e.g. which college they went to or when they are drafted, stats etc helps to strike up a conversation, so you don’t just seem like an average fan. Not that I did this but wear something funky, might get them to look in your direction.

6) Coaches are more up for a chat as are other support staff and there are lots of them. They will come over easily and just ask them what they do etc. They often have interesting stories.

7) Practice squad and rookies are much more humble and will be surprised you know who they are. They will give you their time.

😎 Be prepared to hang around. Have something else to do. I was doing some meditation while waiting. Standing long time does hurt but you feel great afterwards.

I’ve done something similar but only waited for an hour for English Premier League team Arsenal. Did the same thing, found the hotel they were staying at. Got there after the game before they went home, as their cars were all at the hotel, again I was the only fan there with my son. Security really helped me out this day as they sent players to me as I was too shy to shout and so they took pity on me, also I’m not really that crazy about soccer. I did get some signed shirts etc.

• Like 1

On 11/2/2022 at 6:08 PM, incognito_man said:

a narrow win over Detroit would be like kissing your sister. You don't gain in the draft pick race, but you get more feedback that the team just ain't it.

Ah the good old draft pick race.

Who cares about draft pick position. We are close to a period of transition at which point we probably have multiple years of being irrelevant and you can enjoy picking high in the draft every year if that's what you enjoy in the NFL.

For now, the season is just about alive. It is a very long time till September so the longer we get to play competitive games the better. I got into the NFL because I enjoyed watching competitive games not because I wanted to watch the draft so not going to give up on the season till I have to. Nobody knows what will happen later in the season or who will get hot when. 

All about winning today - team desperately needs it and as a fan it keeps the season alive longer. Obviously better if a big win and the team looks fluent then great but at this point a narrow win is fine as well. If that doesn't do it for you then maybe you could arrange a date with your sister if that's more to your liking.

57 minutes ago, Brit Pack said:

Here is the definitive stalkers guide into the best ways to interact with our team the Green Bay Packers :

1) Hotel identification. Not that hard. Get a list of hotels in the area that are no more than 1 hour drive from stadium and of high quality. Quick phone calls to find out availability of rooms will help you narrow down possible hotels that the Packers would be staying at. Sometimes local media might even drop a clue.

2) Once you go to the potential hotels, the appearance of security will confirm whether the Packers are staying there or not

3) Get friendly with security, they will help you out to get in front of players, timetables etc

4) When you see players make sure you know who they are. Trouble I had was I know jersey numbers and some faces but most guys I had no idea who they were when wearing a tracksuit or jeans. Spend some time on the Packers site and look at the photos.

5) The players will ignore you. Even though you think you have significance, you have no significance to them, even if you are the only fan there.  Knowing who they are is half the battle, the second part is knowing something about them e.g. which college they went to or when they are drafted, stats etc helps to strike up a conversation, so you don’t just seem like an average fan. Not that I did this but wear something funky, might get them to look in your direction.

6) Coaches are more up for a chat as are other support staff and there are lots of them. They will come over easily and just ask them what they do etc. They often have interesting stories.

7) Practice squad and rookies are much more humble and will be surprised you know who they are. They will give you their time.

😎 Be prepared to hang around. Have something else to do. I was doing some meditation while waiting. Standing long time does hurt but you feel great afterwards.

I’ve done something similar but only waited for an hour for English Premier League team Arsenal. Did the same thing, found the hotel they were staying at. Got there after the game before they went home, as their cars were all at the hotel, again I was the only fan there with my son. Security really helped me out this day as they sent players to me as I was too shy to shout and so they took pity on me, also I’m not really that crazy about soccer. I did get some signed shirts etc.

Overly_attached_GF.jpg