Will the Raiders move on from Derek Carr?

49ersfan

15 minutes ago, RaidersAreOne said:

Carr would honestly be dumb not to say yes to the Saints in my opinion. That's one of the best situations in the NFL for a new QB. Dome, elite D, great RB, good OL...

What, you wanna sign for less with the Jets? Lol.

And worst division in football. It’s a perfect destination.

I’m spilt. Yes, I 100% do think that Carr I’d the best chance to field a competent QB next year. The Saints are highly unlikely to get up high enough to get one of the better QBs in this draft, with their 2023 draft capital. 

But I’m just burnt out on the Saints being solid but not good enough. I think I’d prefer a hard reset. I guess Id be ok with Carr, but Im not doing it if it requires first round draft capital. Id rather slowly build during the draft and eventually peg down a franchise QB

1 minute ago, BetterCallSaul said:

Carr to NO keeps them in purgatory. Carr is a purgatory QB. I think I’d rather suck at QB than have Carr. I think the Raiders are being smart by punting on him now. 

Nah he's a good quarterback throughout his career. He's been up and down, but the reality is we've drafted terribly and been very dysfunctional as an organization. The coaching staff and him are just not a good fit at this point. I will take the flak if I'm wrong, but if he goes to a talented roster like the Jets/Saints, I think he will do well.

47 minutes ago, BetterCallSaul said:

Carr to NO keeps them in purgatory. Carr is a purgatory QB. I think I’d rather suck at QB than have Carr. I think the Raiders are being smart by punting on him now. 

Meh, they've won 7/9 games with Winston/Dalton the last two seasons, he's a clear upgrade over those two.

1 hour ago, RaidersAreOne said:

He'd do pretty well in NO man. He's the best realistic option out there for you.

It is definitely the best fit for Carr. Carr can ball in a dome with a great OL and weapons. If he is in a dome with a perfect cast, he can light it up. That’s why I’ve said all along the Saints are the only team that make sense for him. Ever since he was benched. Carr knows he can’t throw outside, especially in the cold. Worst damn cold weather QB I may have ever seen. Yeah Saint fans, Carr might win you the division, but he is going to fold hardcore in the December/January cold. 

3 hours ago, RaidersAreOne said:

Carr would honestly be dumb not to say yes to the Saints in my opinion. That's one of the best situations in the NFL for a new QB. Dome, elite D, great RB, good OL...

What, you wanna sign for less with the Jets? Lol.

I feel like none of this will be true during the season with their coaching staff.

Edited by ClutchDJ
  • Like 1