Week 18 Gameday Thread (Win And In Edition) - Green Bay Packers (8-8-0) vs. Detroit Lions (8-8-0)

Striker

1 hour ago, SkolMasterMN said:

Curious: How nervous are you guys for this game?

Can't pretend that I don't want to win, but like many others I had written this team off a month ago.  The fact that GB is playing for a playoff spot in week 18 is a minor triumph considering what the team looked like in November.  I'd prefer not to delve into why exactly the team was so terrible prior to these past few weeks.  In the bigger picture, GB has been a regular in the playoffs over the past few years with what seemed to be much better teams.  The idea of this team simply making the playoffs isn't all that nerve wracking.  If they somehow got to the NFCC or maybe just the Divisional round, it's a different story.

2 hours ago, SkolMasterMN said:

Curious: How nervous are you guys for this game?

We aren't playing - its just entertainment. Why be nervous ?

Last 4 games, I was rooting for us to win purely to keep season alive and give me another game to watch and care about next week. Its a long time to September. Pretty much no change this week. Its unlikely we win the super bowl so all about keeping season alive for another week.

I really feel Aaron Rodgers haircut this season has contributed to his poor play. The changed up look for last weeks Vikes game has now put us in a different category as a team. The Packers players see him now as less of a knob head and more of a leader for sure.  It also creates fear in the minds of opponents. That I ultimately feel is the key to sustained victory going forwards.

• Like 2

Will be interesting to see how the secondary plays it, after having Jaire mirror Jefferson last week. Just go back to the softer zone?  

I don't feel like Goff has a great arm, and supposedly he doesn't have real big hands for cold-weather throwing.  So I'm not sure I totally fear his deep ball.