Raiders to release QB Derek Carr

RaidersAreOne

I never thought I would see the day actually come. Carr is not good. Extremely average. Been saying it for years. 

- Can’t throw with anticipation like Elite QB’s can do. Same issue Dak and Kirk have. If no one’s open, good luck. These QB’s aren’t throwing anyone open. 

- Worst cold weather QB in the NFL. I’ve been saying since he got benched, the Saints is the only landing spot that makes sense for him. Dome and warm weather division. Carr isn’t winning games in the playoff cold. 

- One of the worst QB’s under pressure in the NFL. Bottom 5 for sure. Not as bad as Jimmy but bad. 

- Bad pocket presence. Will not stay in the pocket to take an incoming hit last second. That completion will never happen. 

- Not a leader. Passive aggressive and very sensitive, been this way for years. 

- His deep ball looks bad and floats. 

- One of the worst play extenders in the NFL. He’s BAD at this. Bottom 5 play extension starter for sure. 

What does Carr do positive? His arm strength in that first 20 yards is a damn rocket. (after 20 yards is bad though). His accuracy is pretty good in the first 20 yards as well, but sometimes his ball placement is REALLY wonky. He also is one of the better pre-snap QB’s in the NFL and pretty good at reading defenses and making adjustments. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

I never thought I would see the day actually come. Carr is not good. Extremely average. Been saying it for years. 

- Can’t throw with anticipation like Elite QB’s can do. Same issue Dak and Kirk have. If no one’s open, good luck. These QB’s aren’t throwing anyone open. 

- Worst cold weather QB in the NFL. I’ve been saying since he got benched, the Saints is the only landing spot that makes sense for him. Dome and warm weather division. Carr isn’t winning games in the playoff cold. 

- One of the worst QB’s under pressure in the NFL. Bottom 5 for sure. Not as bad as Jimmy but bad. 

- Bad pocket presence. Will not stay in the pocket to take an incoming hit last second. That completion will never happen. 

- One of the worst play extenders in the NFL. He’s BAD at this. Bottom 5 play extension starter for sure. 

What does Carr do positive? His arm strength in that first 20 yards is a damn rocket. (after 20 yards is bad though). His accuracy is pretty good in the first 20 yards as well, but sometimes his ball placement is REALLY wonky. He also is one of the better pre-snap QB’s in the NFL and pretty good at reading defenses and making adjustments. 

So what you are saying is he is a younger prime matt ryan lol.  Those were all exactly matt ryans strengths and like you said all were within that 20 to 30 yard range and after that his arm had the ball float on him a bit.  Was strong enough to get it there but he had to get high arc on it to go deep and the ball took awhile to get there.  But within 30 yards or so it was like a rocket on a line straight to the guy when he needed it to be. 

Im still a fan of Carr myself and wouldn't be against him on the Falcons if we picked him up without having to give up draft picks.  Wouldn't be mad if we just went ahead with Ridder either i like what he brings to the table for next year.

6 minutes ago, FalconFan13 said:

So what you are saying is he is a younger prime matt ryan lol.  Those were all exactly matt ryans strengths and like you said all were within that 20 to 30 yard range and after that his arm had the ball float on him a bit.  Was strong enough to get it there but he had to get high arc on it to go deep and the ball took awhile to get there.  But within 30 yards or so it was like a rocket on a line straight to the guy when he needed it to be. 

Im still a fan of Carr myself and wouldn't be against him on the Falcons if we picked him up without having to give up draft picks.  Wouldn't be mad if we just went ahead with Ridder either i like what he brings to the table for next year.

I don’t think Carr is as good as Prime Ryan was, and will never be as good, but some of the similarities are there

24 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

I don’t think Carr is as good as Prime Ryan was, and will never be as good, but some of the similarities are there

I agree i don't think Carr is or will be a top 5 QB during his nfl tenure.  Ryan usually hovered around the 3 to 7 range most years depending on how his season went.  His peak was #1 in the league on his mvp year in 2016 which was also Carr's peak so far as he was inline as ryan's main mvp competition until his injury.     I have always thought those 2 guys were similar in play style and is probably why i always liked Carr.  That was probably his best comp is a 1 step lower tier matt ryan which is still a top 10 to 12 QB in the league most years i think and a peak of top 3 to 5 probably but not usual.

Edited by FalconFan13

17 minutes ago, nagahide13 said:

He still has to draft a 1st round fullback to replace Carr at QB.

And then there's the whole Kyle Orton matter...

Also, if we're being fair McDaniels got a tangible return for Cutler... he won't for Carr.

Edited by Dr LBC

5 hours ago, BayRaider said:

You had him ranked as a top 10 fantasy QB before the season.  You're a total hypocrite and that is why I can't take a thing you say seriously.  You expected him to ball out this year and now you post absolute lies about you claiming he was not good for years. 

The other funny thing is you still think Tua is a super elite stud that you wanted the Raiders to mortage their future and trade up for.  Do you also remember how you wanted us to trade 4 1st round picks to acquire Russ last offseason?

1 minute ago, Frankie2Gunz said:

You had him ranked as a top 10 fantasy QB before the season.  You're a total hypocrite and that is why I can't take a thing you say seriously.  You expected him to ball out this year and now you post absolute lies about you claiming he was not good for years. 

The other funny thing is you still think Tua is a super elite stud that you wanted the Raiders to mortage their future and trade up for.  Do you also remember how you wanted us to trade 4 1st round picks to acquire Russ last offseason?

Your ability to evaluate Qb's is flat out atrocious.  

31 minutes ago, Frankie2Gunz said:

Yes like fantasy football and real football are the same thing. I expect almost any QB with Davante Adams to be a Top 10-12 Fantasy QB.