Jalen Hurts and Eagles agree to 5 year $255M (179.3M gtd) extension

.Buzz

What a payday for Hurts, sheesh. Not sure anyone’s ever made themselves more money off a strong season like this (Joe Flacco with inflation). Definitely expected though, dude’s upward trajectory back to the Alabama days has been uncanny.

Lamar is screwed. 

• Like 5

Just now, RuskieTitan said:

That is a lot of money, and a year ago I would have never pegged Hurts as being the highest paid player in NFL history. Good for him and his family.

Yeah. Next up QB gonna get paid and he had a great season. 
Hard worker. 

Seems like a lot for one great year. 

But good for him. I liked him coming out in the draft and thought he kept improving. 
Things change fast in the NFL. 

Just now, minutemancl said:

You would have been rightfully laughed at if, after the 2021 season, you said Jalen Hurts would soon be the highest paid player in NFL history. Amazing what a great year can do.

Any promise as a QB, they will reward you handsomely. 
Challenge now becomes roster building when the QB is making a lot of money. But Philly apparently has a formula. 

1 minute ago, minutemancl said:

You would have been rightfully laughed at if, after the 2021 season, you said Jalen Hurts would soon be the highest paid player in NFL history. Amazing what a great year can do.

I think that's also the great part of NFL FO's and Owners knowing in most cases all of this is "funny money".  All that really matters is how many years is this guaranteed for?  Is it 2 years? 3 years?  What's the outs look like?  

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Soko said:

What a payday for Hurts, sheesh. Not sure anyone’s ever made themselves more money off a strong season like this (Joe Flacco with inflation). Definitely expected though, dude’s upward trajectory back to the Alabama days has been uncanny.

Lamar is screwed. 

Mahomes as well got paid right after his SB win too

Just now, Chiefer said:

Mahomes as well got paid right after his SB win too

Mahomes is going to be an interesting watch.  I wonder if the NFLPA will put pressure on him and his agent to ask for a new better deal than what he's currently on.