2023-24,53-man roster for the Packers, and other predictions.

jleisher

12 hours ago, Packerraymond said:

OL: Bakh-Jenkins-Myers-Runyan-Tom-Nijman-Rhyan-Hanson-Jones

Hanson and Rhyan over Walker? 

I think Walker has some to offer an NFL team.  We also have uncertainty with at least one of Bakhtiari or Nijman not on the roster next season.  I think you keep the young tackle that shows some talent.

4 minutes ago, ThatJerkDave said:

Hanson and Rhyan over Walker? 

I think Walker has some to offer an NFL team.  We also have uncertainty with at least one of Bakhtiari or Nijman not on the roster next season.  I think you keep the young tackle that shows some talent.

It really comes down to Rhyan vs Walker. He's not great but Hanson can play all 3 IOL spots and Nijman any OT spot. I think they'll chose the 3rd rounder over the 7th.

Walker and Tenuta (depending on the injury) go to the PS.

A player I had left for dead was Shemar Jean-Charles, but he played very well in the first preseason game. If Stokes remains on the PUP to start the season, I could see him getting the nod over Ballentine. And yes, I understand Ballentine's ST's play will factor into the end decision. 

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

It really comes down to Rhyan vs Walker. He's not great but Hanson can play all 3 IOL spots and Nijman any OT spot. I think they'll chose the 3rd rounder over the 7th.

This is the one guy I questioned on your 53. Can he really play all three spots or is he capable of lining up at all three? When he played guard last year it was an unmitigated disaster. I think the idea of trying Runyan at center was so we could move on from Hanson.

I could be wrong, but unless Hanson was on the Zach Tom diet this offseason, he's not functionally strong enough to play in the NFL in my opinion. 

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, Old Guy said:

This is the one guy I questioned on your 53. Can he really play all three spots or is he capable of lining up at all three? When he played guard last year it was an unmitigated disaster. I think the idea of trying Runyan at center was so we could move on from Hanson.

I could be wrong, but unless Hanson was on the Zach Tom diet this offseason, he's not functionally strong enough to play in the NFL in my opinion. 

I would much rather keep Newman, but my goodness was that a terrible game from him. Hopefully a team drops a guy that helps us out like Rudy Ford last year.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

I would much rather keep Newman, but my goodness was that a terrible game from him. Hopefully a team drops a guy that helps us out like Rudy Ford last year.

Newman was barely a speed bump. I think you hit the nail on the head with picking somebody up that helps us. Isn't Dalton Risner still on the market? Not sure the cost but we would be great veteran backup insurance on the interior. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Packerraymond said:

I've been wondering if Newman might be a trade candidate.  Maybe someone gives up a late round pick, or a player swap for him given that he's started games and was a mid round pick. I don't think it's working out well for him in GB. 

37 minutes ago, {Family Ghost} said:

I've been wondering if Newman might be a trade candidate.  Maybe someone gives up a late round pick, or a player swap for him given that he's started games and was a mid round pick. I don't think it's working out well for him in GB. 

Honestly not trying to be a **** here. What do you see in Newman that many of us don't that makes you think he's worth a draft pick in a trade? Maybe I'm missing something, but I think he's pretty well done as an NFL player. He might get picked up off waivers for a look see, but I don't see him being somebody you want in a real NFL game. 

Edited by Old Guy

55 minutes ago, Old Guy said:

Honestly not trying to be a **** here. What do you see in Newman that many of us don't that makes you think he's worth a draft pick in a trade? Maybe I'm missing something, but I think he's pretty well done as an NFL player. He might get picked up off waivers for a look see, but I don't see him being somebody you want in a real NFL game. 

Not much .. I don't think he can play, but NFL coaches and scouts have long thought they could get something out of a guy that other teams couldn't get.

4 hours ago, Packerraymond said:

I have always respected your opinion, but Hanson has proven he does not have NFL level talent. And Hanson is not needed to back up C. There are three other options for backup center, Tom, Runyon, and Jenkins. Ryan and Walker my also prove to not have NFL level talent, but they are both a better bet than Hanson. Hanson and for that matter Newman should be on the next bus out of Green bay.

On 8/13/2023 at 10:23 AM, Old Guy said:

Yeah I see Newman as an outright cut candidate at this point. Maybe some team signs him off waivers thinking he's fixable.