How are those rookies looking?

RaidersAreOne

19 hours ago, SteelKing728 said:

Ivan Pace Jr is our undrafted Free Agent MLB and he looks like a 5 year vet.

I wanted him so badly in the 7th round when I realized he was still there. We drafted a guy where the best case scenario is that he never plays an official snap instead.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, SmittyBacall said:

Reminds me if a young Marvin Jones.

Not a bad call.  Watching him, you can see that it is all there, but just not yet.  And it is up to him to keep building.  I may be biased, this is one of the WRs that I liked as "Packer WRs" in the H/W/S guys that we have been into lately.  And in round 6, a very good value, at least in my opinion.  And with the top of that WR room, he can have a little time to develop.

Bengals also seemed to be working Kwamie Lassiter II quite a bit against the Packers.  I thought he was a rookie, but he was on the PS last season.  I won't pretend to know the Bengals WR pecking order, but he looked capable.  One of those little slot only guys, but he seemed to have some juice.  For lack of a better comparison, I am looking at former Packer and Bengal, Antonio Chatman.  I don't think he will be a star, but he can return some kicks, and once in a while have a 40-50 yard game that helps out.

1 hour ago, HerbertGOAT said:

I wanted him so badly in the 7th round when I realized he was still there. We drafted a guy where the best case scenario is that he never plays an official snap instead.

I was unable to watch the last day of the draft, but I was shocked when I found out Pace went undrafted. 

1 hour ago, HerbertGOAT said:

3 minutes ago, GW21 said:

I was unable to watch the last day of the draft, but I was shocked when I found out Pace went undrafted. 

ILB 5 in my rankings. 

Packers:  

1.  Lukas Van Ness EDGE - Looks the part and only plays the part some of the time. Can have a rep where he totally dominates and then follow it up with a rep where he looks lost. Athletic traits are there but he is RAW. Quietly been kind of disappointing IMO. 

2.  Luke Musgrave TE - My favorite player and pick by the Packers in this draft and so far he has been one of the MVPs of camp. His speed, size, and quickness makes him a nightmare to cover. He has shown signs of outrunning some CBs which is crazy. Should be the #1 TE for Green Bay and wouldn't shock me to see him break the TE rookie mold in year 1. 

2.  Jayden Reed WR - What you saw at Michigan State is what has been seen in camp. He is athletic and plays much bigger than his size. He has had a great camp so far and probably will be the #1 slot and possibly KR when the season starts. 

3.  Tucker Kraft TE - I know one of the points out of the draft is that Musgrave is the project with upside while Kraft it the more ready prospect to start immediately but so far Kraft looks like a rookie TE. Everything is a little too inconsistent with him. He shows off his size and speed at times but everything is hot and cold. 

4.  Colby Wooden DE - Been pretty decent in camp as a pass rusher. Probably needs another year to bulk up a bit but early signs are promising. 

5.  Sean Clifford QB -  QB 2 and has looked shockingly competent.  Very fun to watch in the preseason. He reminds me a ton of Brett Favre. Your going to see wow plays and terrible terrible plays back to back to back. 

5.  Dontayvion Wicks WR - In the lead for one of the last WR spots. Has been consistently good throughout camp so far. Showed off a bit in preseason as well. 

6.  Karl Brooks DE - One of the stars of camp so far. Has been extremely disruptive rushing the passer. One of the surprises for sure. 

6.  Anders Carlson K - Meh... Hes a kick with accuracy issues which I don't like. We will see if Bissacia works his magic on him over the season into next but i'm concerned if hes starting. 

7.  Carrington Valentine CB - He is the MVP of training camp not just of the rookies but possibly the entire team and that is saying alot considering both Jaire and Rasul were having great camps as well. He not only will make the 53 but you have to get him on the field in some capacity. 

7.  Lew Nichols RB - Don't even know if he is still on the team..... So that should tell you what you need to know. 

7.  Anthony Johnson Jr S - Has slowly had a nice camp. Has gotten to run with the 1s on a few occasions but yet to be seen if he can be anything as of yet. 

7.  Grant Dubose WR - Injured first half of camp but has come back with a bang. One of the more impressive WRs since he has been back. Will probably make the 53 if we keep at least 6 WRs. 

UDFAs:

Malik Heath WR - Plays like a veteran. I don't know if he will have a place on the roster but should be a PS candidate. He has been good. 

Brenton Cox Jr EDGE - Has been really impressive and could definetly make the roster or the practice squad. Wouldn't surprise me if someone poached him. 

Emanuel Wilson RB - Star of the preseason game against the Bengals.  Otherwise is in the mix with the other RBs for the #3 RB. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, ThatJerkDave said:

Not a bad call.  Watching him, you can see that it is all there, but just not yet.  And it is up to him to keep building.  I may be biased, this is one of the WRs that I liked as "Packer WRs" in the H/W/S guys that we have been into lately.  And in round 6, a very good value, at least in my opinion.  And with the top of that WR room, he can have a little time to develop.

The Bengals have some clear weaknesses developing certain position groups (OL sticks out in an ugly way), but their strong suit over the last 2 decades has been identifying and developing WR talent. We seem to have a knack for developing mid-late round guys into long term starters.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, ET80 said:

Holy moly! That’s pretty awesome! 

Yeah, he’s really in a good spot with Ryans - Ryans will mention him without being prompted by anyone in the media as someone who is really setting the right tone with the team.

When Ryans first got to Houston, he shared his philosophy on players he wants - SWARM, which is an acronym for “Special Work ethic And Relentless Mindset”. (Honestly, just typing this makes me wanna run as a gunner to cover a punt, I friggin LOVE Capt ‘Meco!) 

Wayne seems to be a SWARM guy, and that’s going to get him on the field at some point. 

That does not surprise me in the least. I think it's a great situation he's in. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Spartacus said:

Packers:  

7.  Anthony Johnson Jr S - Has slowly had a nice camp. Has gotten to run with the 1s on a few occasions but yet to be seen if he can be anything as of yet. 

Hahaha, pretty much the same analysis I had.  You know what they say about great minds?  Well, they will say that about our minds too :P 

I do wonder what you have seen from Johnson.  I haven't been able to get everything, but to my knowledge all of the safeties really seem to be average.  Nobody has taken either spot and laid claim to it.  And both should be available.  I might give Innis Gaines the top spot at that nickel safety look, but he is hurt, and that is probably really Darnell Savage's best fit as well.  

I think as good as I feel about the CB room, I feel equally bad about the Safety room.

17 hours ago, Scoundrel said:

A.T. Perry is nice

15 hours ago, Rrrrrrrams said:

puka nacua looks like the best rookie for the rams.

Add in the Iosivas talk from earlier, and these are 3 of my guys at WR this draft.  I like to see it.  Giving myself a pat on the back and just kind of don't look at my bad takes.  LOL

1) RB Bijan - looking great in camp. But no preseason experience. Likely RB starter

2) LG Bergeron - same as Bijan. Likely LG starter

3) DL Harrison - rotating in with Calais Campbell at his position and role in the defense. Likely rotational this year behind Calais

4) CB Phillips - looking fantastic in camp. Was injured for PS week 1. Should have some run tonight.

7) SS Hellams - looks like a solid depth S in camp. Was good in week 1 PS, but likely 4th S on roster and ST Ace.

7) C Gwyn - developing. Probably a practice squad guy for a year.

1 hour ago, MWil23 said:

Gives off some very “Jamarcus Russell can throw the ball 80 yards” and “Kyle Boller threw the ball through the uprights from the 40 from his knees” vibes.

Yeah, that’s a Jalen Pitre or Kevin Byard pick…

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MWil23 said:

Gives off some very “Jamarcus Russell can throw the ball 80 yards” and “Kyle Boller threw the ball through the uprights from the 40 from his knees” vibes.

Look, your Colt hatred is almost a schtick. It's your prerogative, of course. True, that is a great comparison for physical ability. If you listen to AR talk, I don't think he is going to go the way those players did. We shall see.