The Killing (Justin) Fields

notthatbluestuff

1 hour ago, Forge said:

Honestly...this Fields coaching staff thing kind of feels toxic. I don't know that it's going to work. 

If they want to go with a QB in this draft (and I feel like that is pretty likely), I don't think that they can keep the staff. It's crappy timing more than anything, but you just gone done forcing a staff to inherit a top pick at QB made by another regime, and this coaching staff isn't going to have a long rope after another horrific season. I see no reason to replay this same song and dance where you keep them around another year and allow them to draft a QB, only to fire them after that QBs rookie season and then force him on to another staff the following year. 

Feel like you just blow this up entirely and reset after the year is over. 

Not to mention that Eberflus has just been bad for them.

• Like 1

Feels wrong to post here about Fields.  It's a dogpile on him.  And he's played like a pile of dog do-do.  

When your coach has you throwing screens and stand up passes in the pre-season, you know there is very little faith that the QB can read a defense and deliver a ball on time.

Then the player calls out the coach.  Backtracks and puts it on himself.  Honestly, this should end quickly with the QB finding a new start somewhere else.  He isn't good enough to overcome those statements given his play on the field.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, ET80 said:

This feels like it’s headed towards a really ugly divorce very soon… Fields will be on another team by mid season, I’d bet.

Lucky him. 

He's right, the coaching is inept and the organization has completely screwed another young QB. Eberflus may be acting as the "CEO type" of HCs, but that doesn't mean he's good at it

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, vegas492 said:

Feels wrong to post here about Fields.  It's a dogpile on him.  And he's played like a pile of dog do-do.  

When your coach has you throwing screens and stand up passes in the pre-season, you know there is very little faith that the QB can read a defense and deliver a ball on time.

Then the player calls out the coach.  Backtracks and puts it on himself.  Honestly, this should end quickly with the QB finding a new start somewhere else.  He isn't good enough to overcome those statements given his play on the field.

I'm very open that the coaching is the biggest issue. Fields needs to play better with the circumstances, but at times he should be able to say "**** this, I'm not getting crushed" and change the call at the line. I hope Fields finds a way to be a back up in SF or MIA where he can learn from a real coach. 

1 minute ago, nagahide13 said:

The rumors I'm hearing about Alan Williams are among the worst in NFL history

Just now, nagahide13 said:

The FBI raided his house and seized his computers. They think he has material on his computers.

We’ve heard those same rumors and none have been verified yet.  Bears PR had stated that there was no raid at Halas Hall today.

• Like 1