2024 Last Chance Mock - Sign Ups - Draft Begins Monday 4/1 3pm EDT

dcat

This is a sign-up thread for the Last Chance 2024 Mock, a simplified version of the other mocks you see in this subforum.  Please feel free to ask any questions. I ran this same mock in this thread in 2022 and in 2020.  

• trading of 2024 picks is allowed (please keep reasonable/ realistic)
  • no trading between teams with the same GM (don't even ask)
  • no trading of future year picks (obvious reasons). Please conform the values of your trades to something that is at least reasonably close to either the Jimmy Johnson traditional value chart or the Rich Hill value chart.  The JJ values will be in the spreadsheet for your convenience.
  • no trading of current NFL players (therefore no salary cap/contractual issues for this draft, so no, you can't trade for Brandon Aiyuk)
  • this mock will begin as soon as we have roughly 16 or more GMs to represent the 32 teams.  We'll get to as many rounds as it goes. This is for fun, so no freaking out if someone is a little late.
  • We can start with a 3 hour clock for the first three rounds; 2 hours for the remaining rounds.
  • Instead of assigned time slots, we will run a live clock.  Clock will run from 10:00 am EDT to 11:59 pm and then will pause and resume the next morning at the daily start time.  For example: if you go OTC at 10:00 pm, the clock pause at midnight and resumes at 10:00 am. You would have 1 hour remaining to place your pick.  (We can begin earlier, at 9 am EDT, but only if it's OK w/any westcoasters in the mock)
  • missed picks will be skipped temporarily, but will be filled in via consensus or a replacement GM if the original GM remains AWOL.   DM a list of players in advance to me if you know you won't be able to make your pick when you go OTC.  I will place the pick for you so that we don't needlessly stall.
  • remember to tag the next 2 GMs up  (i.e. @dcat)
  • use 2024 Last Chance Mock - Selection Thread (to be posted later) for picks only
  • use 2024 Last Chance Mock - Discussion Thread for the rest including completed trades.  DM others for trade negotiations.  If you guys like Discord, I can set one up as well. But I'd rather not. Would prefer to keep everything here.  
  • I will be using a different spreadsheet from those you see in the other mocks in this forum. We will use a spreadsheet similar to this: (from another one I'm doing): https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1Sakn0O0AFFvUgR4SJzJWm-39l-PY5J4YNg0N3jH8wSI/edit?usp=sharing
  • Caveat: spreadsheet has rankings by position and consensus from several popular sources from just after the combine. Use at your own discretion and take them for what they are worth.  Spreadsheet also has column for the Jimmy Johnson chart values for your convenience.  Spreadsheet has about 500+ players.  I can add others as needed.  In another mock, we had to add about 4-5 players.  No worries.  Just let me know.  Viewing only. Editing privileges to anyone willing to help manage the spreadsheet during the mock.

2024 GM List:

AFC East
Bills - @JetsandI
Dolphins - @mountainpd
Patriots - @Eastern_Shore_Fan
Jets - @dcat

AFC North
Bengals - @downundermike
Ravens - @DTMW78
Steelers - @Cbrunn
Browns - @elfman1955

AFC South
Jaguars - @Daniel
Titans - @Daniel
Colts - @RTTRUTH
Texans - @jch1911

AFC West
Chiefs - @Forge
Chargers - @MikeT14
Raiders -  @NYRaider
Broncos -  @Scoundrel

NFC East
Eagles - @EaglesPeteC
Cowboys - @MaddHatter
Giants - @Wpob
Commanders - @MikeT14

NFC North
Vikings - @vike daddy
Lions - @JetsandI
Packers - @beekay414
Bears - @Madmike90

NFC South
Buccaneers - @dcat
Panthers - @Packerraymond
Saints -  @Packerraymond
Falcons - @ovfd55

NFC West
49ers - @Forge
Seahawks - @RTTRUTH
Rams - @downundermike
Cardinals - @ovfd55

Edited by dcat

4 minutes ago, MikeT14 said:

I would love Washington and can do another if you're looking at two per person. 

Commies it is.  Thanks .  We will probably need another.

Once we give everyone a chance to select their first choice, we'll add 2nd teams, which is likely to be needed.

8 minutes ago, BowserBroncos said:

When do we start? I'll be traveling from the 4th to the 13th next month.

If we start after that. I can do Denver.

Want to start as soon as we have all teams owned...  hopefully a day or 2.  Maybe find a co-GM and he can finish it off after you go?

2nd teams:   If you want a 2nd team, then DM a list of those you would like.  I will start assigning 2nd teams from the lists you send me tomorrow. Want to give some time for others to make 1st choice.

Posted (edited)

@EaglesPeteC But of course!   BTW, I'm doing the Eagles on another board.  Just finished rd 1.  without going thru who was on/off the board, I gave Eagles Cooper DeJean who could finally be the answer in that huge, messy DB room you've got over there.  

Edited by dcat
  • Like 1

• dcat changed the title to 2024 Last Chance Mock - Sign Ups - Draft Begins Monday 4/1 3pm EDT