Random Packer News & Notes

Leader

22 hours ago, Cakeshoppe said:

you can get your jerseys now for 30% off. I'll be waiting til the last second to sn*tch up a Women's size XXXXL Lenzy Pipkins jersey at a clean 90% off. That's how you grab a deal folks.

edit: swear filter is dumb

Not that I want the poetry of your satire to be lost, but the swear filter once took out a verb leaving us no idea which curse word reasonably fit. I think the OP rescued us by revealing that the word was sn*tch, resulting in Incog overgeneralizing and replacing every ***** he encountered with “sn*tch” for a while.

My favorite example of filter overzealousness is being unable to reference **** Vermeil or **** Butkus by name. 

• Like 1

I'm having a swearbox installed next week....

...just joking ya tw@...

Anyway, going back to that comment on Sullivan. I hope this isn't a dreaded vote of confidence because you're talking about a player that will have to take on more work this season and we didn't spend a pick on a CB this year. He's clearly ahead of Jackson on the depth chart and I personally think he takes a bigger leap this year to cement himself ahead of both Jackson and Hollman on the depth chart.

Edited by Joe

9 minutes ago, Uffdaswede said:

the swear filter once took out a verb leaving us no idea which curse word reasonably fit. I think the OP rescued us by revealing that the word was sn*tch,

That might have been from my run through the packer jersey numbers back on page 251

https://forums.footballsfuture.com/topic/5962-random-packer-news-notes/?page=251

91...  is Preston Smith, who wanted 94, but couldn't ****** it away from LongArmLowry

28 minutes ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

Adams, yes

Jones, probably

Jackson and Gary, no

If we're going by regional assignments.

I believe Davante Adams was scouted Sam Seale - he covered the west coast during that time frame.

Sam Seale, a nine-year NFL veteran as a player, heads into his 24th season in the Packers personnel department and second as a national scout. Promoted to his current role on May 25, 2018, Seale spent the 2012-17 seasons as a West regional scout for the Packers.

https://www.packers.com/team/front-office-roster/sam-seale

2 hours ago, Uffdaswede said:

Not that I want the poetry of your satire to be lost, but the swear filter once took out a verb leaving us no idea which curse word reasonably fit. I think the OP rescued us by revealing that the word was sn*tch, resulting in Incog overgeneralizing and replacing every ***** he encountered with “sn*tch” for a while.

My favorite example of filter overzealousness is being unable to reference **** Vermeil or **** Butkus by name. 

i actually didn't see this before I replied to @Shanedorf ha

6 minutes ago, Shanedorf said:

I believe Davante Adams was scouted Sam Seale - he covered the west coast during that time frame.

Sam Seale, a nine-year NFL veteran as a player, heads into his 24th season in the Packers personnel department and second as a national scout. Promoted to his current role on May 25, 2018, Seale spent the 2012-17 seasons as a West regional scout for the Packers.

think they're talking montravius adams (a bust) that @Outpost31 hopes the guy responsible for is now gone ha

6 minutes ago, Shanedorf said:

(MONTRAVIOUS)

I probably spelled that incorrectly.  He wouldn't spell my last name correctly, so we are even.