Random Packer News & Notes

Leader

55 minutes ago, Leader said:

Ken Ingalls - Packers Cap -   The Packers now have over $4 million in salary cap charges sitting on season ending Injured Reserve when the 2021 season starts. I suspect they will agree to injury settlements with some of the 5 players to lower this number.

It has already started. Today the Packers reach injury settlements with DeAndre Thompkins and Isaac Nauta and waived them from the IR. Down to 3. 

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, R T said:

It has already started. Today the Packers reach injury settlements with DeAndre Thompkins and Isaac Nauta and waived them from the IR. Down to 3. 

Will these guys be eligible to be signed to practice squad anytime after the 53 man roster is official? Or is there a waiting period?

2 hours ago, {Family Ghost} said:

Bummer on Funchess.  I kind of liked what he could bring to the table.  Have to feel for the guy .. just can't stay healthy.  Perhaps he will get to play at some point this year, but you have to figure it won't be in GB.

Yup, it cant be in GB.

12 hours ago, packfanfb said:

As long as they don't keep EQ. Tired of that guy. Just keep Taylor as your No. 6 guy and move on. 

Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying it's not the right choice, but I would need a stuff drink before I cut an EQ for a Malik Taylor. You can get Malik Taylor's at Home Depot. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying it's not the right choice, but I would need a stuff drink before I cut an EQ for a Malik Taylor. You can get Malik Taylor's at Home Depot. 

I'll take the guy I can find at the Home Depot over they guy I'll probably find on the injury report. 

Just now, HighCalebR said:

We're all kooks, Leader.  

Probably because you cheated on them witn Lowes. Local hardware doesnt have it you don't need it. Rules to live by.

Actually....(as already said...) I did support the local hardware store. Was just down the street next to the grocery store - worked fine. Until, they were no longer just down the street next to the grocery store and it became the "For Lease Store."  Today, the majority of that complex is empty. A sign of the times perhaps.

5 hours ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

Bringing up ESB's name on this forum is like bringing up Trump's name at a Antifa clan meeting. 

11 minutes ago, R T said:

Bringing up ESB's name on this forum is like bringing up Trump's name at a Antifa clan meeting. 

On a team that was begging for someone to step up and take hold of WR2, ESB has been injured, doesn't play ST, has 28 catches in 3 years, and is in the last year of his deal. Not sure what there is to gain by keeping him

• Like 1