Random Packer News & Notes

Leader

2 hours ago, Brit Pack said:

This was a cool interview. Aaron Jones is a stand up dude!

He really is. He also confirmed something I always felt, too. That Aaron is lovey on the guys who put in the work. That's who his favorites are. His buddies he always wants to play with. 

And there's an honor in that.

But I think maybe he takes it too far and alienates and punishes those he perceives as not living up to his expected work standards. And that doesn't really make the team stronger. It's terrible leadership (if this is the case).

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, incognito_man said:

He really is. He also confirmed something I always felt, too. That Aaron is lovey on the guys who put in the work. That's who his favorites are. His buddies he always wants to play with. 

And there's an honor in that.

But I think maybe he takes it too far and alienates and punishes those he perceives as not living up to his expected work standards. And that doesn't really make the team stronger. It's terrible leadership (if this is the case).

Also, the same guy who doesn't come to OTA's, for perspective. Maybe he thinks they are "optional." 

• Like 1

Back from my winter vacay down south. Fun seeing the buzz around the SB all over the place, after leaving the Philly area during the media week. 

Forgive the ignorance if it's been posted, but saw these on other open areas of the NFL talk online, and couldn't help but think how they related to the Packers inability to round out a roster at all levels. We've been drowned out by people saying how hard it is to construct a team while drafting at the bottom of the order by nature of being successful in the regular season and beyond (charts below say no). Same thing goes for signing your QB apparently, but if you don't have a QB, you don't have a team - right 49ers?

Both the Chiefs and the Eagles have done something - said impossible 'round these parts - that is get to, and return to a SB in short order while retooling their locker rooms as needed, proactively. In fact, Howie Roseman just became the first GM ever to go to, and return to a Super Bowl, with a New Coach and QB... Ever. Its even rarer company than the head coach taking two different teams to a single SB, one of which is coaching this Sunday.

The entire Chiefs Defense is practically off the shelf new on first contracts (WTF is GB's return on their decade long investment), just as it is for the Eagles offense... further more, the opposite side of the ball for each team is built with an entirely different strategy, trades and free agency. This is a textbook example of leveraging your assets and strengths, at hand , at any given moment to do what?

Get to-and-Win a G**damn SB this year... Next year is only that, Next year. 

The Packers front office approach has been an antithesis of aggression, they've always hedged their bets for god forbid having a down year... I don't see down years as failures, they're opportunities to rethink and reload, like savvy teams do. The Packers front office, and their shareholders, are way too comfortable than they should be riding the coattails of exemplary QB and Coaching for 3 decades relative to their peers, It's a recipe for never beating the hungriest of those at the table for the actual prize. 

iv380k2nt8ga1.jpg89zpza21jmga1.jpg

Edited by Laces Out
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, HighCalebR said:

I dont think youre making the point you wish you were making.

If you lined up our squad like that its look super similar.. Heavy drafted offense with a piece here and there and a bought defense. With Amos, smith, sul, campbell. 

Maybe just think before you go full rage and stroke out

1 team getting MVP level QB play in regular season with minimal/ No drop-off in playoffs and a defense making enough plays to provide added opportunities for said offense.

1 team with QB on rookie contract that is reaping the benefits of that cheap contract to stock the rest of the roster the high quality, high performing players.

Let's see.... GB 2020, 2021, 2022 was the former except the QB drop-off and/ or defense not playing up to needed standards.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, HighCalebR said:

I dont think youre making the point you wish you were making.

If you lined up our squad like that its look super similar.. Heavy drafted offense with a piece here and there and a bought defense. With Amos, smith, sul, campbell. 

Maybe just think before you go full rage and stroke out

Why do we have a "bought" defense when we've spent the bulk of our draft capitol on that side of the ball?

Because Gute hasn't drafted well.

18 minutes ago, squire12 said:

1 team getting MVP level QB play in regular season with minimal/ No drop-off in playoffs and a defense making enough plays to provide added opportunities for said offense.

1 team with QB on rookie contract that is reaping the benefits of that cheap contract to stock the rest of the roster the high quality, high performing players.

Let's see.... GB 2020, 2021, 2022 was the former except the QB drop-off and/ or defense not playing up to needed standards.

Mid D got to go against a bad Bengals OL that gave way. This chiefs team is basically 2014 packers without a huge choke job.

I agree. Cant build this type of team while paying rodgers top dollar. Not gonna work. That wasnt the point ol boy was trying to make there.. Ask him if he thinks rodgers is the issue 

I think that narrative of GB being to safe is no longer true. Gute is far more aggressive than TT ever was. He takes more risks. He signs more FAs, he moves around the draft a lot more However, the Covid cap reduction killed his plan and we had to make sacrifices that were not expected. Pushing the cap as hard as possible will result now in year(s) where we have to pay the price for that aggressiveness.

9 hours ago, HighCalebR said:

Mid D got to go against a bad Bengals OL that gave way. This chiefs team is basically 2014 packers without a huge choke job.

I agree. Cant build this type of team while paying rodgers top dollar. Not gonna work. That wasnt the point ol boy was trying to make there.. Ask him if he thinks rodgers is the issue 

9 hours ago, hitnhope said:

Why do we have a "bought" defense when we've spent the bulk of our draft capitol on that side of the ball?

Because Gute hasn't drafted well.

I think Gute has drafted well. We have not coached well and have not put in defensive game plans that play to the strengths of the players

• Like 2

12 hours ago, Laces Out said:

Back from my winter vacay down south. Fun seeing the buzz around the SB all over the place, after leaving the Philly area during the media week. 

Forgive the ignorance if it's been posted, but saw these on other open areas of the NFL talk online, and couldn't help but think how they related to the Packers inability to round out a roster at all levels. We've been drowned out by people saying how hard it is to construct a team while drafting at the bottom of the order by nature of being successful in the regular season and beyond (charts below say no). Same thing goes for signing your QB apparently, but if you don't have a QB, you don't have a team - right 49ers?

Both the Chiefs and the Eagles have done something - said impossible 'round these parts - that is get to, and return to a SB in short order while retooling their locker rooms as needed, proactively. In fact, Howie Roseman just became the first GM ever to go to, and return to a Super Bowl, with a New Coach and QB... Ever. Its even rarer company than the head coach taking two different teams to a single SB, one of which is coaching this Sunday.

The entire Chiefs Defense is practically off the shelf new on first contracts (WTF is GB's return on their decade long investment), just as it is for the Eagles offense... further more, the opposite side of the ball for each team is built with an entirely different strategy, trades and free agency. This is a textbook example of leveraging your assets and strengths, at hand , at any given moment to do what?

Get to-and-Win a G**damn SB this year... Next year is only that, Next year. 

The Packers front office approach has been an antithesis of aggression, they've always hedged their bets for god forbid having a down year... I don't see down years as failures, they're opportunities to rethink and reload, like savvy teams do. The Packers front office, and their shareholders, are way too comfortable than they should be riding the coattails of exemplary QB and Coaching for 3 decades relative to their peers, It's a recipe for never beating the hungriest of those at the table for the actual prize. 

iv380k2nt8ga1.jpg89zpza21jmga1.jpg

I can't be bothered to read what you wrote because I'm a lazy piece of ****, but looking at the pretty pics I agree with the way philly team builds. Draft offense and buy defense. Looks like KC does the opposite by and large, which will be interesting to see play out Sunday. 

26 minutes ago, Kepler said:

I can't be bothered to read what you wrote because I'm a lazy piece of ****, but looking at the pretty pics I agree with the way philly team builds. Draft offense and buy defense. Looks like KC does the opposite by and large, which will be interesting to see play out Sunday. 

That used to be a lot of the thought around here. The thought was that defense takes individual talent to succeed, and that offense can work with a proper scheme. Pay the highly talented defenders, draft guys you think can fit your scheme

45 minutes ago, smetana34 said:

That used to be a lot of the thought around here. The thought was that defense takes individual talent to succeed, and that offense can work with a proper scheme. Pay the highly talented defenders, draft guys you think can fit your scheme

"Hold my beer"

- Joe Barry

Edited by Sandy
  • Like 1