Random Packer News & Notes

Leader

42 minutes ago, packfanfb said:

https://www.packers.com/photos/packers-begin-2024-offseason-workout-program#22e932fa-7d08-4c19-a5ee-75500c732d4a

Found picture 119 particularly interesting. Enagbare appears to be doing drills already. 

If he's ready to go early our edge group is going to be even more solid. We can add a draft pick if the right player falls, but this group could be set as is. 

58 minutes ago, Sandy said:

If he's ready to go early our edge group is going to be even more solid. We can add a draft pick if the right player falls, but this group could be set as is. 

Think you guys are being way over optimistic.  He tore his ACL in late January.  10 months would put him into November.  That's the earliest he could come back.  Nah he really won't be able to contribute in 2024.  Sucks but is what it is.  Like that we finally addressed our strength and conditioning program.

12 hours ago, Scoremore said:

Think you guys are being way over optimistic.  He tore his ACL in late January.  10 months would put him into November.  That's the earliest he could come back.  Nah he really won't be able to contribute in 2024.  Sucks but is what it is.  Like that we finally addressed our strength and conditioning program.

Maybe he got one of those ACL bridge repairs that cuts rehab time in half?

19 minutes ago, Old Guy said:

I like Eric Stokes. I hope he can stay healthy and live up to the potential we all saw when he was a rookie. Having said that, there isn't a snowballs chance in hell I'm giving him a 12-million-dollar 5th year option. 

Packers Projected to Give $12 Million to Unproven Draft Pick (msn.com)

That's a steep price.   Would be a bargain if we got the 2021 version of Stokes and not the last 2 injury filled years.   His rookie season was really great.    He's one of the players I'm most interested to see Hafley's influence on.   

What Does Eric Stokes Need To Do To Establish Himself In A Contract Year? - Zone Coverage

Stokes had a promising rookie year with the Packers in 2021. According to Pro Football Focus, 13 rookie cornerbacks played at least 200 snaps during the 2021 season. Of those 13 corners, Stokes ranked first in completion percentage, allowing only 51% of balls thrown his way to be completed.

He also ranked first in the group with 14 passes knocked away and first in yards gained after completion with just 2.69 per catch, highlighting his tackling ability in the open field. Stokes also ranked second-overall in snaps per reception, allowing one catch every 12.5 snaps. He finished second in opposing quarterback ratings with an average opponent passer rating of 78.8. Stokes played 16 of Green Bay’s 17 games in 2021, gained 43 solo tackles, and forced one interception.

Just now, Kampfgeist said:

That's a steep price.   Would be a bargain if we got the 2021 version of Stokes and not the last 2 injury filled years.   His rookie season was really great.    He's one of the players I'm most interested to see Hafley's influence on.   

What Does Eric Stokes Need To Do To Establish Himself In A Contract Year? - Zone Coverage

Stokes had a promising rookie year with the Packers in 2021. According to Pro Football Focus, 13 rookie cornerbacks played at least 200 snaps during the 2021 season. Of those 13 corners, Stokes ranked first in completion percentage, allowing only 51% of balls thrown his way to be completed.

He also ranked first in the group with 14 passes knocked away and first in yards gained after completion with just 2.69 per catch, highlighting his tackling ability in the open field. Stokes also ranked second-overall in snaps per reception, allowing one catch every 12.5 snaps. He finished second in opposing quarterback ratings with an average opponent passer rating of 78.8. Stokes played 16 of Green Bay’s 17 games in 2021, gained 43 solo tackles, and forced one interception.

If we had gotten rookie year Stokes the last two year, rather than injured Stokes, this would not be a conversation. The conversation would be tag him and then let's try and extend him. 

We are in a very different place due to the injuries. I'd rather take my chance he proves himself this year and if we have to franchise him and then extend him. Even try and extend him 1/2 through this year if he shows up and is rookie year Stokes. 

I think the guy is more likely to be cut in camp than get the 5'th year option.

His career trajectory is that of Kevin King.  Great early, injuries happen, play diminishes.

I hope he turns it around.  I was really looking forward to him and JA pairing up for a few years.