Eagles vs Patriots SBLII GDT

Nabbs4u

Just now, CKSteeler said:

When Foles motions like that, he's not a QB anymore. The guy under center is then the QB. It's fun to see NE's defenders unable to adjust in something they haven't seen before. Ernie didn't see that on film.

The whole point is that it looks like an audible, not a motion. If Wentz motioned out wide, they would have adjusted, sure. But Wentz was still inside the tackles and presumably shouting at his offensive linemen to sell it. If you adjust your responsibilities every time the QB takes a couple of steps, it's going to lead to more blown assignments than stops on once in a lifetime trick plays.

Just now, BlaqOptic said:

Nobody gameplans for that!

The Patriots prepare for trick plays each week. When the Pats play the Steelers, they're still probably showing their guys things Cowher ran (a lot better than Tomlin's teams every have). So, credit to the Eagles for pulling out something I haven't seen myself. But it kind of reinforces my own view that the Pats players are more robots just doing what they're told. In that situation, Foles isn't the QB when he motions out like that. He was completely unaccounted for.

Archived