This Is Rival Talk v1.0

CWood21

3 hours ago, SteelKing728 said:

We were set to have two third round comp picks with Hunter, Cousins, Hicks, Davenport, KJ Osborn and Wonnum leaving and signing Greenard, Van Ginkel, Cashman, and Darnold. 

But then we signed Shaq Griffin and that cost us a 3rd round comp pick.

The only way we can get one back is if someone signs Dalton Risner before 5/1 or we cut one of Darnold/Greenard/Van Ginkel/Cashman/Griffin before week 10.

I think I would rather have the third.  

The Vikings are a bit confusing to me.  I think there needs to be at least a soft rebuild, and I would personally welcome the two extra third round picks next draft, or even if they were 4ths.  I suppose it is easier for me to be patient, my job isn't on the line like an NFL GM, but I would just lay out a plan.  Swing big for your QB this draft, using both firsts to move up.  Looking at the trade values, the two firsts alone are worth more than number 2 or 3.  I wouldn't do the Packers development curve, but I would give the QB the Eli Manning treatment.  Sign a guy to start for 6 or 8 games, let the team gel a little, let the draftee get comfortable with the play book then let him finish the season.  The idea of that season isn't wins, it is growth.  Then you go into the next season with a team that is ready, and a lot more draft ammo.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ThatJerkDave said:

I think I would rather have the third.  

The Vikings are a bit confusing to me.  I think there needs to be at least a soft rebuild, and I would personally welcome the two extra third round picks next draft, or even if they were 4ths.  I suppose it is easier for me to be patient, my job isn't on the line like an NFL GM, but I would just lay out a plan.  Swing big for your QB this draft, using both firsts to move up.  Looking at the trade values, the two firsts alone are worth more than number 2 or 3.  I wouldn't do the Packers development curve, but I would give the QB the Eli Manning treatment.  Sign a guy to start for 6 or 8 games, let the team gel a little, let the draftee get comfortable with the play book then let him finish the season.  The idea of that season isn't wins, it is growth.  Then you go into the next season with a team that is ready, and a lot more draft ammo.

Exactly. We need as much draft capital as we can get. Griffin isn't going to change our season. I'd rather have one of corners that were cut like Tre White and just roll with the punches.

• Like 1

Bears fans talking smack in the offseason over and over again is just weird to me.  Like if you've gone 2-18 against another team in the last decade, it feels like some humility is warranted.

Like we saw how all the panglossian rhetoric over the ascendancy of Justin Fields just last year worked out, right?

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, PossibleCabbage said:

Bears fans talking smack in the offseason over and over again is just weird to me.  Like if you've gone 2-18 against another team in the last decade, it feels like some humility is warranted.

Like we saw how all the panglossian rhetoric over the ascendancy of Justin Fields just last year worked out, right?

Jealousy is an evil drug!!!

43 minutes ago, PossibleCabbage said:

They are lead by Kyle Brandt. He's really lost his mind and may be the most overrated personality on NFLN.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, PossibleCabbage said:

Hey, let them have the offseason. I doubt they get much joy in-season. I always used to laugh about the media hype year after year that the Vikes had 'won the offseason'............Then the season actually started and that same media decided very quickly to forget their preseason hype.

I also had fun reading the Lindy's pre-season magazine over 20+years. They consistently underestimated the Packers by  a point or two (they ranked each position group out of 10) and over estimated the Vikes and Bears. I don't know why, its just something you notice over many years. I went from using that as my 'bible' in the early days to getting it almost as a joke in later issues, due to me becoming better informed as the internet grew.

Edited by OneTwoSixFive

14 minutes ago, Dubz41 said:

They are lead by Kyle Brandt. He's really lost his mind and may be the most overrated personality on NFLN.

In the history of NFLN! He's ever worse than Peter Schrager who is about as big a douchebag as you could find.

33 minutes ago, Old Guy said:

Also, please MN move up to #4 for JJ McCarthy. 

They will .. they have to.  They are in Qb hell right now and it's so delicious!  Give up at least 2 - #1's and more betting on the come.  Remember when many Packer fans howled at giving up an additional #4 draft round choice for their current QB?  DELICIOUS!

Edited by coachbuns

1 hour ago, KFP7 said:

shouldn't he become the owner of Soldier Field first?  

Our deed on Soldier Field runs for another decade or two, or longer, depending on who we draft to replace Jordan Love in the 2044 draft after we trade him to the Jets 😂

34 minutes ago, coachbuns said:

They will .. they have to.  They are in Qb hell right now and it's so delicious!  Give up at least 2 - #1's and more betting on the come.  Remember when many Packer fans howled at giving up an additional #4 draft round choice for their current QB?  DELICIOUS!

Vikings will trade up and then not have a pick until the 4th round. Packers will have 5 picks between Viking picks. 

22 minutes ago, Brat&Beer said:

Vikings will trade up and then not have a pick until the 4th round. Packers will have 5 picks between Viking picks. 

And the Bears only have 4 total picks. 

On 4/2/2024 at 3:55 PM, Brat&Beer said:

It's started...

“DJ Moore is a top 5 WR”

I can’t understand it. They’re one Super Bowl appearance season away from being the Lions during my lifetime. I can’t think of any specific game they beat us. Don’t even view them as a rival. It’s like a crazy ex girlfriend that just keeps showing up places trying to get attention. And I just keep ignoring her but every year she shows up and makes a fool of herself.

• Like 2