The Mandalorian (Spoilers!!!) Season 2 10/30

Acgott

5 hours ago, THE DUKE said:

No real reason another 3-4 seasons couldn't stretch that timespan.  Also let's the Kid mature and be more interactive.

I doubt we ever get closer to TFA or anything in that timeline, the kid will maybe be 5-10 years older at the end of the show at best. He might say an actual word in the finale by the time we get there. 

3 hours ago, Oregon Ducks said:

I hope they don't make BY go all Anakin...although they have shown some darkside tendencies. 

He might have some anakin tendencies in his teenage years (Like 200-300?) but the show will long be over by then. 

19 hours ago, rob_shadows said:

Thousands

But also a lot of people don't think about it because Jedi are the focus of the movies and such but the vast majority of people in the Galaxy have never seen one so a lot of them do think they are a myth. Remember even in a new hope which was even closer to the end of the clone wars then this show Han didn't believe the Jedi were real.

Which is why Ive always thought a trilogy not centered around Jedi could have done the universe more justice. They've dove deep into the .1% of the universe centered around Jedi, but have barely scraped the surface of the rest of the 99.9%. 

• Like 2

On 12/28/2019 at 3:58 PM, THE DUKE said:

Pretty sure I heard that the show is something like 5 years after RotJ, and takes place in the outer reaches of the galaxy.  Not knowing much about Jedi didn't seem strange to me.

How far out, though? They did stop on Tattoine, which should probably have a "Home of Luke and Anakin Skywalker" sign posted up somewhere by now...

Tattoine might be a small ball of sand, but it's probably ground zero for the entire universe from a story perspective.

Man, Taika Waititi knocked that finale out of the freaking park. Probably the most enjoyable hour of Star Wars that I have ever seen, and I grew up on the originals. It was just 10/10 with fireworks and champagne. 

I cant even imagine what he could have done if given the green light for all the three new films. He is such a great film mind, and so versatile. Freaking genius. I say this as a guy who thinks Thor Ragnarok is the best MCU movie though, so clearly he strikes my fancy cinematically. 

• Like 4

11 minutes ago, SlevinKelevra said:

so in this show, and the most recent movie, we have  3 "force users" who have very little lifetime experience doing force healing (1 literally right after being introduced to the idea of it), yet Yoda, ObiWan, Luke etc  never mastered this skill in their lifetimes...?

Jedi existed for 1000s of years. Innovation has never been their strong suit and they often forget techniques between eras. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, SlevinKelevra said:

so in this show, and the most recent movie, we have  3 "force users" who have very little lifetime experience doing force healing (1 literally right after being introduced to the idea of it), yet Yoda, ObiWan, Luke etc  never mastered this skill in their lifetimes...?

Some skills are more inherent than others, or take more work to perfect.  Take Corran Horn in the EU.  His family was not strong in the area of telekinesis, but the Halcyon's were gifted with a rare Force absorb ability that they could use to channel energy to protect themselves, protect others and use it as a destructive energy wave, or use it to telekinetically move an object.  

I can't explain the whole healing thing from new-ish Force users though.  That's something they've backed themselves into a corner with. 

On 12/30/2019 at 10:33 AM, BroncosFan2010 said:

Man, Taika Waititi knocked that finale out of the freaking park. Probably the most enjoyable hour of Star Wars that I have ever seen, and I grew up on the originals. It was just 10/10 with fireworks and champagne. 

I cant even imagine what he could have done if given the green light for all the three new films. He is such a great film mind, and so versatile. Freaking genius. I say this as a guy who thinks Thor Ragnarok is the best MCU movie though, so clearly he strikes my fancy cinematically. 

100 percent agree

I was extremely pleased with how Season 1 of the Mandalorian wrapped up. I thought they did a good job with all the episodes and even though there were a few not as large story focused episodes in the middle, I thought that they were really enjoyable. I also like the fact that they weren't extremely long episodes, though at times I wish they had been a bit longer, it made it easy to digest.

• 3 weeks later...

I actually had a problem with how the finale began. It probably was because my wife and I watched the finale immediately after the previous one. So going from something super serious with Kuill being killed to the Scout Troopers cracking jokes was a little jarring to say the least. Not to mention IG catching up to the troopers so quickly in foot. It actually bugged me for the rest of the episode. Maybe I'll watch it again and change my mind.

Overall I like the series a lot. And even actually liked the more filler episode, with only the Tatoine episode being meh. Kind of reminded me of Dr. Who where the series had an underlying arc but was mostly filler for most of the season. It all really depended on how the fillers are done though.

On ‎1‎/‎18‎/‎2020 at 12:46 PM, Xenos said:

I actually had a problem with how the finale began. It probably was because my wife and I watched the finale immediately after the previous one. So going from something super serious with Kuill being killed to the Scout Troopers cracking jokes was a little jarring to say the least. Not to mention IG catching up to the troopers so quickly in foot. It actually bugged me for the rest of the episode. Maybe I'll watch it again and change my mind.

Overall I like the series a lot. And even actually liked the more filler episode, with only the Tatoine episode being meh. Kind of reminded me of Dr. Who where the series had an underlying arc but was mostly filler for most of the season. It all really depended on how the fillers are done though.

We aren't really given a set determination on how much time has passed between when the troopers snatched Baby Yoda and when IG catches up to them.  Could be entirely plausible that they were holed up outside the town for a couple hours while Moff Gideon was getting everything set up.  I try not to nit pick about stuff like this, because if you want you can usually think of a half way plausible reason fairly easily.  In the end, they were there and IG caught up because that is what was deemed necessary for the script, no need to look too deep into it.

I definitely enjoyed the filler episodes, but when the season is only 8 episodes, it more disruptive to the narrative arc you are building over a short number of episodes.  Like with the new MCU shows sounding like they will essentially be 6 45-50 minute episodes, those won't have much room for filler scenes, let alone filler episodes.

• Like 1

• 5 weeks later...