Dune, (Villeneuve version)

vike daddy

7 hours ago, August4th said:

WB looking like amatuers

why would they not run this by Legendary before announcing Dune was going to HBO to the world?lol

There was a rumor that basically when films were being pushed back there was some clause that said Dune and Tenet couldn't release within a month of each other or something and they wanted Legendary to push a date they had scheduled for Tenet so they could fit Dune in a specific spot in their new schedule. Legendary wouldn't budge and it was part of the reason Tenet was released the way it was because they were already in a bind for a release date and WB was pissed. 

That said, massive show of bad faith on WB's part to basically use distributions rights to power flex on the studio that put up 75% of the budget

• 6 months later...
  • 3 months later...
1 hour ago, RuskieTitan said:

This was an enjoyable movie, and I'm interested in the story.

Would recommend it for others, but it is lengthy.

Spoiler

They do. It was always planned to be a 2 part movie. Too much content to fit it all into a 2-3 hour window and do it justice.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Deadpulse said:

felt like this needed a theater experience, going tomorrow (just got my negative test back!)

I just finished it and there's a chance I go on $5 Tuesday after work for that very reason. Feel like the score was meant to be heard in a theater.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, RuskieTitan said:

Yeah I watched it on HBO but agreed, would want to have a theater experience on this one.

IMAX for me and it was awesome. I just finished rewatching on HBOMax and it was still good and didn't seem as long.

I actually do like the book and the original Lynch version of the movie so this was familiar to me.

• Like 1

Dune was beautiful and was a fairly strict adaption of the book. The visuals and score were absolutely stunning. Some great performances by big name actors, too.

Where it fell a little flat for me, is where the book fell flat. Paul is not likeable or relatable and I wish they would have changed that from the book. Excited for the next one but knowing the limitations that the source material has, I’m not expecting much different than this one - which is a beautiful movie with decent substance, IMO.

• Like 1

I enjoyed the film esp the world building and ambitious scope.  But I gotta say this movie ended much like The Empire Strikes Back did yet without the A New Hope that preceded it so it doesn't quite stand on its own.  I know this is part 1 of 2 but as we've seen, there's no guarantee of that happening thanks to Covid.  I would imagine this movie cost a fortune and likely will not recoup itself but I still hope WB lets Villeneuve finish his story anyway.

Also, Timothy Chalamet is a MF rock star.  He's so good in The King and this film further cements his status imo as one of the best young actors today.

Edited by thrILL!