Draft Discussion 4.0

NudeTayne

2 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

What if you could get the prototypical stud that's great at football? (DARNOLD) That's the debate here.

Yes, let's compare 2 1st rounders and a high 2nd rounder to a 6th and 7th rounder. That's the same.

I'd rather have Sam. He's a lot better. Then again, I preferred Watson over Trubisky and really wanted Aaron Rodgers in 2004. What do I know? We should listen to and trust our front office.

And I wanted Jimmy G and Carson Wentz. We all have hits and misses.

Also, if by great at football you mean, "great at football except for turning the ball over every other play, footwork, and throwing motion"...

I kid, I kid. All of the top guys have elite areas and weaknesses. I think acting like any of them don't is putting blinders on.

Just now, freakygeniuskid said:

And I wanted Jimmy G and Carson Wentz. We all have hits and misses.

I have zero QB misses so far.

Also, if by great at football you mean, "great at football except for turning the ball over every other play, footwork, and throwing motion"...

Yeah, coming from a guy who's favorite QB prospect is compared to the "next Brett Favre", I'll take that with a grain of salt.

I kid, I kid. All of the top guys have elite areas and weaknesses. I think acting like any of them don't is putting blinders on.

I'm not ready to joke about this yet Freaky. Give me time.

What if you could get the prototypical stud that's great at football? (DARNOLD) That's the debate here.

Not with me, I prefer him too.  My only point is both can actually be good.

Yes, let's compare 2 1st rounders and a high 2nd rounder to a 6th and 7th rounder. That's the same.

Do you need first round prospects who were Boy Scouts to make the point.  I mean, I can if you insist, but I’m pretty sure the point stands. 

I'd rather have Sam.

Me too.

He's a lot better.

Perhaps, but just about every measurable and objective bit of data says otherwise.

Then again, I preferred Watson over Trubisky and really wanted Aaron Rodgers in 2004. What do I know? We should listen to and trust our front office.

I’m not making this personal or about your knowledge at all.  But.... I do know you’ve backed a turd or two over the years as well though, but that doesn’t help make your point so I see why you’d skip past those.

It’s not just our front office though, as I said, it’s pretty much every analytical outlet and a number of “NFL guys”, including an NFL guy who was part of the group who drafted Wilson.

I’m not trying to convince you you’re wrong, I’m just trying to encourage you to take a step back and see if your hate for Mayfield is as justified as you think it is.

9 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

I have zero QB misses so far.

Yeah, coming from a guy who's favorite QB prospect is compared to the "next Brett Favre", I'll take that with a grain of salt.

I'm not ready to joke about this yet Freaky. Give me time.

cough derek anderson cough

thats the thing about darnold fans i dont get.  he certainly isnt great at football yet.  he very well could NEVER be great at football.  he's gotta work on his mechanics for sure.  we've just seen what happens to young kids who get shellshocked with bad mechanics (you go 0-16).

but people act like he's surefire.

1 hour ago, TheeRealDeal said:

I can enjoy a good train wreck but stupidity I cannot.

You're watching the wrong team in the wrong sport. You're watching sports, generally a saturation of the lowest wonderlickers.

1 hour ago, TheeRealDeal said:

I don't understand the anxiety in here right now. The thought of Baker Mayfield and a trade down at #4 is making it really hard to pee in the toilet right now.

Try standing up.

1 hour ago, MWil23 said:

Thankfully I'm at a meeting all day.

I'm an angry elf...what can I say?

Being a fan gives me the right to irrationally love or hate whomever I want...until they become a Brown.

Make no mistake about it, I'll hate Baker all the way up until about an hour after we draft him, then I'll rush to his defense...and when he busts, I'll say I told you so, and I'll never forgive @NudeTayne or @freakygeniuskid ever again. 

LOL

You've already forgiven is in your heart. I understand that you know deep down that Bakker is the one and you are so ashamed to admit that you were wrong that you are lashing out. This is a safe space for healing.

49 minutes ago, TheeRealDeal said:

Mrs. bosko1616 said almost the exact same thing last night. It was a little different she said I wish he was at least 6" too

Bless your heart.

4 minutes ago, mistakey said:

thats the thing about darnold fans i dont get.  he certainly isnt great at football yet.  he very well could NEVER be great at football.  he's gotta work on his mechanics for sure.  we've just seen what happens to young kids who get shellshocked with bad mechanics (you go 0-16).

This.

11 minutes ago, mistakey said:

He's not surefire, nobody is, but the dude has about the best ball placement I've seen from a top QB. I don't know why you're saying he's not great at football. He is. He's got some fumbling issues and that's because he's been protected by guys like Zach Banner for his career. His delivery is weird, but times show he gets the ball out just as fast as guys like Winston or Carr. Darnold is definitely going to be good, but he needs time because he's 20. Not many 20 year olds lead billion dollar organizations to success. 

10 minutes ago, mistakey said:

This is true.  No one really knows how well any of the top 4 guys will play in the NFL.  It's a big time crapshoot.

9 minutes ago, mistakey said:

I’m sorry this is flat out wrong. He is great at football right now. He’s great DESPITE mechanical problems. Btw I’m not a guy who cares deeply at mechanical issues, can he get the ball where it needs to go with anticipation?  Darnold has proven he absolutely can. Remember I grew up watching Bernie Kosar. He would have been absolutely hated in here, he did just fine in the nfl. 

And for those worried about his mechanics, from everything I’ve read he’s cleaned them up. If true he should be the top pick no?

Archived