All Activity

This stream auto-updates

1. Past hour
  2. SF have loaded up an all-star team behind a crappy QB and a good QB, yet still have nothing to show for it. What would happen with Fields?
  3. The 49ers did look at the idea of trading back five or 10 spots for Pearsall. But chose not to due to the tackle supply running thin, a number of receiver-needy teams right behind them (Buffalo Bills, New England Patriots, Los Angeles Chargers and Washington Commanders could take one, too) and Xavier Worthy getting picked by the Kansas City Chiefs in front of them. Second, there was the benefit of getting the fifth-year option on Pearsall. On the second point, you’d normally associate that concept with quarterbacks, but the events of the past week helped tip the scale here, with Amon-Ra St. Brown getting $28 million per year and A.J. Brown getting $32 million per, and Justin Jefferson and Ja’Marr Chase megadeals coming down the pike (eventually). Having the option helps the 49ers with Aiyuk (a late first-rounder in 2020), and lacking it hurts with Samuel (a high second-rounder in ’19), so there’s another reason for San Francisco to want it with Pearsall. https://www.si.com/nfl/2024/04/26/2024-nfl-draft-49ers-trade-offers-vikings-giants-trade-proposals
  4. My guess would be 119. That gives up to 3 more picks before then to bring in the other positions at least.
  5. 5 picks tonight is exciting. There is a bunch of talent in the next two rounds. I look forward to seeing who they get. The "balance" between need and BPA should be on full display.
  6. GuteySZN - So pass on JPJ at 41? I agree unless they do some trades to get another second. Ross Uglem - Yes. Drafting Morgan may have just made Tom their long term C. They have two backup C in Jenkins and Tom already. This team is literally missing a starting safety and a starting linebacker. The OL depth has been addressed. Let's move on.
  7. 3yrs 96m for AJ Brown w 84m guaranteed - were not far from 40m/yr WRs
  8. https://www.yahoo.com/sports/roger-goodell-wants-nfl-season-182024467.html
  9. I agree that the floor is higher…and that the odds of Troy being a pro bowler are high. Mims’ upside is the HOF IMO. His downside is bagging groceries.
  10. Pathetic is how the fans of this poverty franchise lap up every excuse and pick from every joke FO like Pavlov's dogs as if we've been successful at all over the last 20 years. Maybe when they prove they're remotely successful, we can revisit. Best part of it all- they're free to prove me wrong, just like McDaniels and Zeigler would, I was told by many, do.
  11. Listening to Caleb in this press conference he sounds like a vet already...he is confidence without being arrogant...he holds himself right... Contrast this to when Trubisky sat there with the look of a competition winner who couldn't believe his luck to be there and it is night and day...even compared to Justin who we knew had personality but not the confidence to show it often in front of the media and it just feels like an evolution of prospects from one to the next to the now.
  12. ok. Okay so they're going to still give Kirk Cousins $100M and draft a rookie QB to sit for 2 years rather than signing a guy who can help them win now with Kirk on the roster? And that makes sense to you? If Penix is "their guy" what does that make Kirk Cousins? Because you can't have 2 "guys" on your team. If you're going in on Kirk, build around him. If Penix is your guy, why did you spend $100M on Kirk? Again, it doesn't make sense. Yeah I guess if your ultimate goal as a franchise is to win regular season games then this move does in fact make sense because you did nothing to help win a Superbowl now and also nothing to help with a Super Bowl in 3+ years when Penix can finally start and you've wasted 75% or more of that rookie contract.
  13. Frazier of JPJ. Get the OL set for 5+ years with top level talent.
  14. Eh, unless the value of the picks equals a mid-first round pick, I don't see it. Maybe the Commanders trade us both second-round picks.
  15. I think they are going to bring 1 in though…I’m guessing at 98 or 119…they showed a decent amount of interest in a few guys.
  16. Yes, but I think it’s the trenches on both sides they care about, and it would be really interesting to see what they would do in a deep DL draft. The need is more imminent and available on the offensive side…wonder if it flips next year? I do know/believe that Sweat could end being a bargain that takes their line to a different level and potentially turns Benton into a star.
  17. For what it’s worth, Dillon Gabriel is left handed. So Guyton WAS the blind side OT. I know the footwork and positioning is different but he was the blindside protector.
  18. The Patriots were immediately impressed with Maye's football intelligence, and how driven he is by the sport. Then, there were the leadership qualities he very clearly brought to the table, and were displayed when New England drilled him on his 2023 struggles. With conditions around him changing after his breakout ’22 season, Maye’s play suffered last year. Yet, he refused to blame anyone else, player or coach, or anything else for any of it. That kind of accountability went a long way for the Patriots staff. The Minnesota Vikings and New York Giants did make offers to the New England Patriots for the No. 3 pick to take Drake Maye. Earlier this week, Minnesota offered the Nos. 11 and 23 picks, and its 2025 first-rounder, with pick swaps favoring the Vikings as part of the proposal; and that offer ticked up with New England on the clock. The Giants, meanwhile, did wind up putting their 2025 first-round pick in their offer to move from No. 6 to No. 3. Ultimately, nothing came close to moving the Patriots off their choice. In fact, that Kevin O’Connell and Brian Daboll were the head coaches interested, only emboldened New England to stay put. Albert Breer, SI https://www.si.com/nfl/2024/04/26/2024-nfl-draft-49ers-trade-offers-vikings-giants-trade-proposals
  19. If Gute saw value in DeJean at 25, he would have picked him. I'd think that would be obvious.
  1. Load more activity