Survivor: WINNER ANNOUNCED ON PAGE 458

MacReady

11 minutes ago, 11sanchez11 said:

I have both self-voted and voted somebody not on my team. And have been voted out twice. And asked for a replacement. And somehow I am still in the game.

Definition of survivor imo. Game should be over and I should be the winner.

Logic is sound. 

I'll start up my thread taking sign ups for The Ultimate Fighter sometime next week! Regimented schedule, basic challenges, and one big *** round robin BattleBots-style game!

• Like 1

I asked @11sanchez11 if he would confirm he is quitting.  He did not confirm.  I asked him again and he confirmed.  Sanchez is out of the game.  Jfin wins Redemption Island by default.  The vote is over.

I can't help it if players check out of the game and don't respond when I ask them if they are sure they are going to quit.  I had to have him confirm it.  There are players who want to play this game, and there are players who don't want to play this game.  The game will continue for those who want to play the game.  For those who don't want to play the game, I need a confirmation. 

@utley4568, @EliteTexan80, @Shady Slim, @Whicker, @Famous Jameis, @MookieMonster, @gopherwrestler, @Ragnarok, @theuntouchable, @domepatrol91, @SovereignNazgul, @mission27, @MathMan, @LetTheBallFly, @Adrenaline_Flux, @TedLavie, @bcb1213, @Hockey5djh, @Tyty,

Please take today to determine whether or not you want to continue the game.  Please keep in mind that your decision will effect those who want to play the game.  Every time doubt is cast on this game, the game gets less fun for players who want to take the game seriously.  I understand there are a lot of problems with the game.  90% of that is my fault.  10% is just players who really shouldn't have signed up.  I had hoped that players who aren't really in it would be among the first to get voted out.  As I've said all along, I kept the worst challenges for the earliest in the game.  Call all the difficulties early part of how grueling it is to be stranded on an island with limited food and resources where only the fittest players can Survive. 

There are a lot of good players left in this game and players who are having fun and actively trying to win this thing.  This is the last chance to minimize the fun for everyone else. 

I wanted Sanchez to quit, but at the same time, I had to know it wasn't some ploy.  I didn't get his confirmation even though he read me point blank asking him if he wanted to quit.  That's on him, so I had to hold a vote to uphold the integrity of the game for Sanchez.  I was just as disappointed when he voted for someone not on his tribe because it had an impact on the game of those who are trying to play.  Blame him, not the game.  This situation has been rectified, and I want everybody to have as much fun as possible in this game, but I don't want people playing if they're not having fun because that has a negative impact on the fun for everyone else. 

In the future, if you are checking out of the game, please keep it private.  I know that if I had 3 or 4 players actively calling out the game or questioning its validity, it would harm my enjoyment of the game. 

• Like 1

I understand where you are coming from, but part of Survivor is that you must vote for a player eligible to be voted unless an immunity idol is played after-the-fact.

A self-vote or a vote like what we saw with sanchez voting ET should NOT be possible within the confines of the game as it goes against the spirit of the game and completely takes the fun out of it (for me at least).

I want to continue in the game, but there has to be a rule like this in place heading forward or else there's nothing preventing it from happening again.

• Like 1

Just now, Adrenaline_Flux said:

A self-vote or a vote like what we saw with sanchez voting ET should NOT be possible within the confines of the game as it goes against the spirit of the game and completely takes the fun out of it (for me at least).

I agree.  I won't be allowing invalid votes henceforth.  Can't exactly help it if players WANT to be out, but hopefully the remaining players want to play and it won't be an issue any longer. 

• Like 1

Just now, HorizontoZenith said:

I agree.  I won't be allowing invalid votes henceforth.  Can't exactly help it if players WANT to be out, but hopefully the remaining players want to play and it won't be an issue any longer. 

Sounds good then. I'll remain in the game.

Again, I want to echo what others have said that I don't blame you. Like I said, it's difficult to put one of these things together and I am sure can be difficult to handle everyone's egos and BS. I appreciate the work you've put in and look forward to continuing to play with everyone else. I do think everyone else remaining in the game now wants to be here.

Kicking and Screaming

This competition is about mind games more than it is the actual competition.  Anybody can communicate with anybody on any tribe through any means for this challenge.  The one rule is that you cannot share tribal Chatty’s with players from an opposing tribe.  Play mind games or sabotage your tribe, it’s up to you.  

Nine players from each tribe will be playing in this challenge.  Dome will be sitting out for Riggity Riggity (He can still communicate about the challenge with his tribe).  

On the challenge island, there are 18 poles, 9 for each tribe.  Each player will be assigned a FATIGUE rating.  Their FATIGUE rating determines how long they can hold onto their pole while the other tribe tries to pry them off of the pole.  The object of the game is to target the weakest tribe members for removal from the poles first.  The higher the FATIGUE, the easier it will be to pry the player loose.  The first tribe to pry 6 players from their poles will win Immunity and safety from Tribal Council.  

In Chatty, I will use a die to determine percentages.  Each player will have a percentage from 10% up to 90%.  This percentage correlates with your FATIGUE.  The player with 10% will require a rolle between 1 and 10 to pry loose.  The player with a 90% will require a roll between 1 and 90 to pry loose.  

One player is responsible for assigning the FATIGUE to every other player on their tribe.  For this challenge, I will need 5 players to confirm the player to submit.  Submissions will not count unless I have had five players either post in thread or PM me a name, plus CONFIRM.  Confirm does not have to be capitalized.  This player will have to rate the FATIGUE of each player on their tribe, including their own FATIGUE.  They will also have to send an order they want to target the other tribe.  

Example:

FATIGUE RATINGS:
Fred - 10%
Frank - 20%
Ferdinand - 30%
Greg - 40%
George - 50%
Robert - 60%
Donald - 70%
Dean - 80%
Bill - 90%

TARGET:
Adele, Lana, Freddie, Tom, Bono, Chester, Peter, Josh.

So obviously the other tribe would want to target Bill, Dean, Donald, Robert, George, Greg and Ferdinand instead of Fred through Donald.  

Time is determined by number of rolls it takes to pull 6 players from their poles. 

The deadline is 11 PM CST Thursday.

@utley4568, @EliteTexan80, @Shady Slim, @Whicker, @Famous Jameis, @MookieMonster, @gopherwrestler, @Ragnarok, @theuntouchable, @domepatrol91, @SovereignNazgul, @mission27, @MathMan, @LetTheBallFly, @Adrenaline_Flux, @TedLavie, @bcb1213, @Hockey5djh, @Tyty,

Edited by HorizontoZenith

1 hour ago, HorizontoZenith said:

I asked @11sanchez11 if he would confirm he is quitting.  He did not confirm.  I asked him again and he confirmed.  Sanchez is out of the game.  Jfin wins Redemption Island by default.  The vote is over.

I can't help it if players check out of the game and don't respond when I ask them if they are sure they are going to quit.  I had to have him confirm it.  There are players who want to play this game, and there are players who don't want to play this game.  The game will continue for those who want to play the game.  For those who don't want to play the game, I need a confirmation. 

Please take today to determine whether or not you want to continue the game.  Please keep in mind that your decision will effect those who want to play the game.  Every time doubt is cast on this game, the game gets less fun for players who want to take the game seriously.  I understand there are a lot of problems with the game.  90% of that is my fault.  10% is just players who really shouldn't have signed up.  I had hoped that players who aren't really in it would be among the first to get voted out.  As I've said all along, I kept the worst challenges for the earliest in the game.  Call all the difficulties early part of how grueling it is to be stranded on an island with limited food and resources where only the fittest players can Survive. 

There are a lot of good players left in this game and players who are having fun and actively trying to win this thing.  This is the last chance to minimize the fun for everyone else. 

I wanted Sanchez to quit, but at the same time, I had to know it wasn't some ploy.  I didn't get his confirmation even though he read me point blank asking him if he wanted to quit.  That's on him, so I had to hold a vote to uphold the integrity of the game for Sanchez.  I was just as disappointed when he voted for someone not on his tribe because it had an impact on the game of those who are trying to play.  Blame him, not the game.  This situation has been rectified, and I want everybody to have as much fun as possible in this game, but I don't want people playing if they're not having fun because that has a negative impact on the fun for everyone else. 

In the future, if you are checking out of the game, please keep it private.  I know that if I had 3 or 4 players actively calling out the game or questioning its validity, it would harm my enjoyment of the game. 

Ironic that he quits after he isnt voted out xD

2 hours ago, Adrenaline_Flux said:

Do we have to vote for BCB or Mission? I'd like to quit. I understand running one of these things can be difficult, but I can't continue anymore. This has just gotten too stupid for me. I can't justify spending any more time on it.

this is the weakest **** people do man. hz's game has been really fun and then this not only kinda sours it for others, but also open the floodgates for others to pour on. i dunno why it happens, but a lotta folks on here enjoy just being collectively negative about ****. it's so much for hz. and it's been fun. why be like that man? if you're really gonna quit a game ppl have invested time in, at least like don't be ridiculous about it, right? 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, EliteTexan80 said:

Logic is sound. 

I'll start up my thread taking sign ups for The Ultimate Fighter sometime next week! Regimented schedule, basic challenges, and one big *** round robin BattleBots-style game!

and this is even weaker..

i enjoyed the game HZ and know a lotta other ppl are man. you're really doing a great job running it, 100%. 

• Like 1