What video game are you playing?

16 minutes ago, AkronsWitness said:

The only thing that makes me hate that game is the stupid liquid puzzles you have to solve to override machines. Rage educing.

Either way I started playing Age of Empires 4 on Xbox gamepass---man talk about nostalgia lol Its also a much harder game to play than I remember when I was 8 years old in the 90s on my Compaq Persario  

Ive been wanting to get into AoE for ever now and was going to play AoE5? But I heard the one that just came out is buggy is heck

20 minutes ago, mattyice0401 said:

Ive been wanting to get into AoE for ever now and was going to play AoE5? But I heard the one that just came out is buggy is heck

Not that I have noticed, but then again Ive only played the first 2 campaigns. If I remember correct from the older games, you get dropped into the map from ground 0 and have to build your empire and explore/attack other armys.

I havent found that 'mode' yet. Im playing a campaign where they drop you into scenerios throughout history and have you replay them. Some just require fighting with a pre-built army, some require building a economy, ect. I have yet to find out what mode is just the free for all, build whatever you want type thing yet.

Either way there is a lot more strategy than I remember. I have had armys 3x the size of the CPU and I get steamrolled still because the strategy of 'rush everyone through the castle walls' apparently isnt viable 😄

Its fun, its a incredibly good time killer type game.

Edited by AkronsWitness
  • Like 1

Started AC Valhalla yesterday from PS+.  Not sure how long I'll stick with it, but it seems like something I could enjoy.  I've never played any AC games, or much Ubisoft for that matter, so the repetitiveness they seem to get knocked for from game to game isn't something that should bother me.  Hopefully that helps it remain kind of fresh. I'm not a completionist, so I probably won't do a lot of what it seems like the game has to beef up its total playtime. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, OkeyDoke21 said:

Started AC Valhalla yesterday from PS+.  Not sure how long I'll stick with it, but it seems like something I could enjoy.  I've never played any AC games, or much Ubisoft for that matter, so the repetitiveness they seem to get knocked for from game to game isn't something that should bother me.  Hopefully that helps it remain kind of fresh. I'm not a completionist, so I probably won't do a lot of what it seems like the game has to beef up its total playtime. 

All the AC games are just sooo..darn.....slow. I could never get into them. The graphics are great, the story is great, the concept is great--it just often times gets way too confusing and the fact that 90% of the game is stealth makes them incredibly frustrating to play.

Black Flag was great for the 3 days I played it until I rage quitted forever lol

You know those older/mobile games where there are a bunch of guys with flashlights randomly walking around in the dark and you try and make it through that maze without getting the light shined on you? Thats what AC is haha but on just a much larger scale.

I feel like that entire series would be SOO much better if they just made it sweet button mashing combat

Edited by AkronsWitness

3 hours ago, OkeyDoke21 said:

If you are not a completionist it will be fun! I got hooked on collecting every dot of light on the map and it because a slog until I gave that up. The story is almost always fun on AC

31 minutes ago, Shockwave said:

^ Oh man major flashbacks to Nintendo TMNT games. Saw it was like the # 2 game on Stream right now. Looks fun as hell... but can you play as Casey Jones? 

Yep they showed that off last week with the release date/gamepass announcement.

Excited to play it, playing the arcade game with my cousins was one of my favorite things to do in the summer growing up.

2 hours ago, 43M said:

Is that new or a remaster of an older game?

Turtles in Time was my jam, but I dont know much about any Turtles games after that.

It’s like the 4p arcade version but new and on steroids lol. I played it with my kids and we had such a blast. 

• Like 1

The amount of games I just got through PS+, damn... don't even know what I want to play first.  Still slowly grinding through FF7 and haven't beaten Elden Ring yet.  I'll probably knock out Miles Morales first since that will be short, then move to Ghosts of Tsushima.  I'll beat Horizon one of these days.  Returnal and Demon Souls will be after that.