What video game are you playing?

Red dead redemption 2… went to a logging camp to help out a random npc and while talking to someone, off in the distance the horse I’ve had all game randomly died. Actually weirdly feel pretty deflated from it bruh. Went from being nice all game to a killing rampage. RIP to my horse, Rabbit :’( <\3

• Like 2

On 7/10/2022 at 8:38 PM, Ty21 said:

Red dead redemption 2… went to a logging camp to help out a random npc and while talking to someone, off in the distance the horse I’ve had all game randomly died. Actually weirdly feel pretty deflated from it bruh. Went from being nice all game to a killing rampage. RIP to my horse, Rabbit :’( <\3

The side mini objectives are unconscionable. You have to win 3 rounds of dominos without drawing a single piece and it’s all a game of luck. I just won my first non-draw round after playing for 40 minutes lol

21 minutes ago, Ty21 said:

The side mini objectives are unconscionable. You have to win 3 rounds of dominos without drawing a single piece and it’s all a game of luck. I just won my first non-draw round after playing for 40 minutes lol

A positive is I’m playing against 2 strangers and my next objective is to attack 2 strangers with a knife. 

edit for post conservation: 20 mins later I won round 2. Having zero fun 

Edited by Ty21

I just don't understand any game that has ROLE as the primary combat function.

Souls games, Elden Ring, even Tsushima, Witcher, and Horizon. 

ROLE, ROLE, ROLE, ROLE, attack, ROLE, ROLE, ROLE, ROLE, ROLE, ROLE, ROLE, attack, ROLE, ROLE, ROLE, ROLE, ROLE, ROLE, ROLE, ROLE, ROLE, ROLE, ROLE, ROLE, ROLE, ROLE, attack.

So dumb. Absolutely immersion-breaking and such a lazy game design. 

3 hours ago, Heimdallr said:

ROLE, ROLE, ROLE, ROLE, attack, ROLE, ROLE, ROLE, ROLE, ROLE, ROLE, ROLE, attack, ROLE, ROLE, ROLE, ROLE, ROLE, ROLE, ROLE, ROLE, ROLE, ROLE, ROLE, ROLE, ROLE, ROLE, attack.

Wait, do you mean, roll as in tumbling? What do you propose as defensive options in action games?

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Heimdallr said:

But how to you feel about roll-playing games? 

• Like 3

12 hours ago, Heimdallr said:

Man you misspelled roll like 48 times there lmao 

• Like 3

19 hours ago, Heimdallr said:

Ignoring the humorous misspelling, I dont remember rolling a ton in Witcher 3 or Horizon.   I probably did alot, but certainly not enough to leave an impression.

Rolling alot doesn't necessarily bother me.   Maybe if it was as bad as you say, but no game has been that bad that I remember.   I mean, youre evading attacks, so your options are limited.   Outside of rolling, blocking with a shield, running or taking cover....what other options are there?   

19 hours ago, Heimdallr said:

Its just i-frames.

The only alternative would be a quickstep which Bloodborne and the Witcher used. Which doesn't really fit the DemonDark Souls vibe. 

Like, it's just a core mechanic that has carried over from Demons Souls way back in the day. I dont think rolls were meant to be the meta, but a way for lightly armored/ no shield PC's to avoid environmental hazards like AOE's and traps. But mechanically, it makes more sense, and more efficient than blocking, and quicker than running. Especially when using it to time large sweeping or smashing attacks. Like, if you were about to be hit by a car, how would you avoid it?

Also, Elden Ring has a pretty dope parry system, but in light of your post ... git gud.

Edited by animaltested

Anyone ever play Nioh?

I just started it, but its my first time playing one of these ultra hard Souls-type games and I kinda suck.   I dont mind challenge, but I hate games that make me repeat large portions just to get back to where I was.    I can see the appeal, but Im just wondering if its worth sticking with?   I heard Nioh 2 was much better.