What video game are you playing?

On 6/18/2022 at 11:38 PM, BobbyPhil1781 said:

Going to jump into Dying Light 2 soon. Anyone played it? If you have, how was it?

Yep, it was good. If you liked Dying Light 1 Dying Light 2 is basically just a bigger better version of it. It certainly doesn't have the big budget polish of Horizon but its a good time and probably a better game then it gets credit for. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Spartacus said:

Yep, it was good. If you liked Dying Light 1 Dying Light 2 is basically just a bigger better version of it. It certainly doesn't have the big budget polish of Horizon but its a good time and probably a better game then it gets credit for. 

Sweet thanks for the info! I'm definitely not expecting a Horizon game but I loved the first so I'm guessing I'll really enjoy it. The story isn't too important either add I've heard that being a criticism. I put 80some hours into the first so this looks like it'll be keep me busy for quite some time

2 hours ago, BobbyPhil1781 said:

Sweet thanks for the info! I'm definitely not expecting a Horizon game but I loved the first so I'm guessing I'll really enjoy it. The story isn't too important either add I've heard that being a criticism. I put 80some hours into the first so this looks like it'll be keep me busy for quite some time

I actually think the story wasn't that bad. There were some twists and a couple characters that you actually grow to like or hate. It's not a masterclass is story telling but its not terrible either. More so just sort of mediocre but entertaining B movie type feel. 

On 6/24/2022 at 3:55 PM, mattyice0401 said:

Had anyone played the force unleashed recently on PC? Was curious if its worth buying or should i just pick it up on the switch

They are fun games, a smidge dated but I actually booted it up recently and it played fine enough. Nice little elseworlds story if you’ve never played them, especially the alternative history missions they added on.

• Like 1

Been trying to get through more indies lately…

Finally played through What Remains of Edith Finch, enjoyed the delightful retellings of some real dark things. Had no idea what it was going in. It’s mostly a walking sim, but they do a great job layering things and mixing it up to not let it get old. So many years later I get why it was spoken of so highly.

Superliminal, kinda Portal / The Stanley Parable. Plays with scale as a really interesting mechanic, with plenty of variations the deeper you go. If you like puzzle games I’d recommend it. It’s built on the pretense of dreams, so they really can do weird “dream logic” stuff.

2 hours ago, Kiltman said:

Finally played through What Remains of Edith Finch, enjoyed the delightful retellings of some real dark things. Had no idea what it was going in. It’s mostly a walking sim, but they do a great job layering things and mixing it up to not let it get old. So many years later I get why it was spoken of so highly.

Fantastic and beautifully made game. I think I finished it in 2 sessions which was just the right amount. I might have to play that again after I finish Ghostbusters: Remastered

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, thrILL! said:

Fantastic and beautifully made game. I think I finished it in 2 sessions which was just the right amount. I might have to play that again after I finish Ghostbusters: Remastered

Some of the stories really stick with you, loved how imaginative it was with each one.  And how tight the game was between the stories. I think some studios would try to bog down and bloat it a bit with more puzzles and a ton of collectibles….glad they didn’t. Replayed a couple of the stories right after to 100% it.

• Like 1

lqyR2N2.jpg

And incredible throwback.

First couple levels I tried on Normal. Just didnt feel like a good game. Which in the old days. Id play through on Normal then jump on Serious. So started over on Serious to see if it would improve. Still started slow, nearly gave up, then as it ratcheted up it got better and better. The final few levels are amazing. Wide slam open mayhem. Couldnt ask for any more or any better. "Fun Factor" and the on-screen chaos levels through the roof. Best game Ive played in ages.

I just bought Dragons Dogma Dark Arisen for $4.     Im not 100% sure if Ill play it anytime soon (if ever), but I couldnt pass up that deal for what is pretty widely considered a great game.