Behold Da Bearz!

vike daddy

Bears linebacker Roquan Smith returned to practice Saturday, participating in part for the first time since his “hold-in.” He has agreed to play out his contract before hitting free agency in March. Smith, who is guaranteed $9.7 million this season on his fifth-year option, wanted a long-term deal. When negotiations didn’t go as he wanted, Smith asked for a trade.

Smith: “I thought (the process) was very distasteful to say the least. It wasn’t what I anticipated, nor what I expected from the situation. Now I’m just shifting my focus to the season and be the best teammate I can be to those guys in the locker room. It’s the last year of my deal. I’m going to take it and run with it and bet on myself. Negotiations are over right now.”

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2022/08/20/roquan-smith-negotiations-are-over-i-am-going-to-bet-on-myself/

very well spoken young man.

• Like 1

On 8/20/2022 at 11:29 PM, vike daddy said:

Bears linebacker Roquan Smith returned to practice Saturday, participating in part for the first time since his “hold-in.” He has agreed to play out his contract before hitting free agency in March. Smith, who is guaranteed $9.7 million this season on his fifth-year option, wanted a long-term deal. When negotiations didn’t go as he wanted, Smith asked for a trade.

Smith: “I thought (the process) was very distasteful to say the least. It wasn’t what I anticipated, nor what I expected from the situation. Now I’m just shifting my focus to the season and be the best teammate I can be to those guys in the locker room. It’s the last year of my deal. I’m going to take it and run with it and bet on myself. Negotiations are over right now.”

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2022/08/20/roquan-smith-negotiations-are-over-i-am-going-to-bet-on-myself/

very well spoken young man.

I guess much hasn't changed with the Bears organization, despite the changes in the front office.  

• Like 1

2 hours ago, swede700 said:

I guess much hasn't changed with the Bears organization, despite the changes in the front office.  

I understand their position that an off ball linebacker isn’t worth huge money, but if you draft one as high as they did with Smith, and he works out, you have to be prepared to pay him top of the market money, or why pick that position that high? 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, wcblack34 said:

I understand their position that an off ball linebacker isn’t worth huge money, but if you draft one as high as they did with Smith, and he works out, you have to be prepared to pay him top of the market money, or why pick that position that high? 

I suppose they can make their own personal argument that they didn't draft him, Pace did, and they are prioritizing differently.  

• Like 2

Choosing not to pay your best players doesn’t sound like a winning strategy. Regardless of their position.  But, not paying your team’s best player and captain because he plays some analytically lesser position is a slippery slope to play on with your locker room. It’s not like there’s a lot of players worth contract extensions on that roster.

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, SemperFeist said:

Choosing not to pay your best players doesn’t sound like a winning strategy. Regardless of their position.  But, not paying your team’s best player and captain because he plays some analytically lesser position is a slippery slope to play on with your locker room. It’s not like there’s a lot of players worth contract extensions on that roster.

Agreed...remember how many people were upset with how much money Spielman paid Barr solely because he didn't play an analytically valuable position?  Of course, he did have other players worth contract extensions...though maybe not, considering how many of those CBs (in particular) did virtually nothing after leaving.  

• 2 weeks later...

We are going to do FF this year and thought it would be fun to do it with other NFCN fans.  

I believe we are looking to draft this Sun night central.  

Contact @RunningVaccsif you are interested.  

It should be fun to make fun of us as we are going to be worst team in history of football this season by all accounts.  

Maybe winner gets to pick a one month avatar for last place or something.  We can have a fun prize like that.  

28 minutes ago, dll2000 said:

We are going to do FF this year and thought it would be fun to do it with other NFCN fans.  

I believe we are looking to draft this Sun night central.  

Contact @RunningVaccsif you are interested.  

It should be fun to make fun of us as we are going to be worst team in history of football this season by all accounts.  

Maybe winner gets to pick a one month avatar for last place or something.  We can have a fun prize like that.  

Don't sell yourself short.  Washington could still be worse