What Are You Thinking About v.CC

pwny

So had an interview a few Thursday's ago, sent them a thank you letter that Friday but hadn't heard anything since. I knew they had some other interviews so I wasn't expecting to hear anything back in at least a few weeks....

Kinda freaked me out though yesterday when I saw that they had removed the job posting from their website. So I called them today to see if they had filled the position. The recruiter said that they hadn't and that a decision would likely come by the end of the week. 

Is this good or bad for me? or is there no way of really telling? I mean if I wasn't in the running, wouldn't she have just told me that over the phone when I had called? Or do they have someone and that's why they deleted the job posting and are just waiting for everything to check out (drug test and all that stuff) before letting other candidates know that they're moving on...

And yes I am overthinking this....

38 minutes ago, holt_bruce81 said:

Is this good or bad for me? or is there no way of really telling? I mean if I wasn't in the running, wouldn't she have just told me that over the phone when I had called? Or do they have someone and that's why they deleted the job posting and are just waiting for everything to check out (drug test and all that stuff) before letting other candidates know that they're moving on...

I couldn't tell based on what you shared here. Could go either way. Try to think positive, visualize your first day on the job. 

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, holt_bruce81 said:

So had an interview a few Thursday's ago, sent them a thank you letter that Friday but hadn't heard anything since. I knew they had some other interviews so I wasn't expecting to hear anything back in at least a few weeks....

Kinda freaked me out though yesterday when I saw that they had removed the job posting from their website. So I called them today to see if they had filled the position. The recruiter said that they hadn't and that a decision would likely come by the end of the week. 

Likely the recruiter doesn't know.  They don't make the decisions.

Just be patient.  They gave you a date.  Call them back mid next week.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, ET80 said:

I thought "The Matrix" was code for drugs? You know, take red and blue pills, etc...

So when I snuck out of metal shop in HS, we were really going to the matrix?

and here I thought we were just smoking behind the grandstands... how could I be so blind 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, holt_bruce81 said:

They likely took off the job posting because they have several viable candidates and don't need anymore
The reason they won't share info with you is because you could be candidate # 1 or # 2 or # 3. They're checking references, due diligence etc
If their top choice passes, then they go to the next guy and so on
So they know they have a few, the final call is still being decided and it always takes longer than they plan for. Good Luck

• Like 1