What Are You Thinking About v.CC

pwny

1 minute ago, Malfatron said:

The Stars won yesterday!

I dont even cheer for them. For some dumbarse reason my son chose the Blackhawks. Which I refuse to root for because everything from Chicago is a version of aids. So I root for the minor team, the Texas Stars.

They might be the only good team I root for. And given my curse, they are going to lose in the playoffs to Aaron Rodgers.

• Like 1

On 29/10/2019 at 8:14 PM, Tyty said:

I’ve been looking over my paycheck info since I started bartending like 6 months ago. When I first started working again after being sick two years ago, the amount of money I made in two weeks working that job (Jimmy Johns) before taxes is what I pay into taxes now every two weeks. 

That's pretty dope.  But also still kinda messed up.  Like, unless you're absolutely swimming in cash like a bartender to the stars or something...why are you still paying an entire person's wage in taxes?

7 hours ago, FinneasGage said:

it sounds wack and obvious but starting to just do useless creative projects like writing ****, working on music and painting or whatever and actively trying to focus on that instead of lamenting on **** is a pretty beautiful way to try and distract yourself from that bro. that's what i do when i'm in a similar state at least 

Yeah.  Gotta keep busy.

Though i've always kinda had like...reverse season affective disorder.  Where i get crazy anxious and depressive and feel like i need creative outlets everywhere to funnel things every spring.  When the sun finally returns to the northern tundra.  I find winter kinda calming somehow.  But i've got some messed up brain mechanics i think.  I'm very much a "night person" anyway, and winter comes with plenty of night here.  Way more night than day even.

• Like 1

I sincerely dislike sports right about now.

8 hours ago, Matts4313 said:

I am literally a walking curse right now. I apologize to the entire city of houston for being the worst thing ever born. what the f...... 

It ain't you. Why Hinch decided to pull Greinke in the middle of a masterpiece (and NOT put in Urquidy or Cole) and leaving 10 guys on base isn't a curse sorta thing. It's just a situation where Houston didn't show up on every single level. Washington DID show up, though. Big props to the Nationals, they were the better team this series. 

I'm taking a few weeks off from sports, I am emotionally shot to hell after that series. (I'll still post, just not about sports). This was too intense, Gen is officially your responsibility for a month @Forge, @TheVillain112.

@mse326 isn't an Astros fan, so hopefully you can keep eyes on the Texans forum while I'm out. 

• Like 1

I was called, and I quote verbatim, a effing hater last night by the lawyer chick I date. She is from houston and loves the Astros about as much as I love the Cowboys. She was at the game. She called me names because I said "that really sucks"... which apparently did not show the level of disappointment that was required. 

I am pretty sure she was also piss drunk, but when she sobers up I think she might regret getting upset with me.

@ET80 and @Matts4313, this will be my only "empathetic" sports related post, but the 2016 WS almost broke me. My sister was over watching with me, and after the last out was recorded, I wordlessly turned off the TV and walked straight into my room, closed the door, and unsuccessfully tried to sleep. I assume that she left and know that she safely made it home, but she still thinks that it's hilarious and "doesn't blame me". My wife on the other hand, was not as amused.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

@ET80 and @Matts4313, this will be my only "empathetic" sports related post, but the 2016 WS almost broke me. My sister was over watching with me, and after the last out was recorded, I wordlessly turned off the TV and walked straight into my room, closed the door, and unsuccessfully tried to sleep. I assume that she left and know that she safely made it home, but she still thinks that it's hilarious and "doesn't blame me". My wife on the other hand, was not as amused.

In the 2007 playoffs, after Crayton crushed every dream I have ever had, I went and locked myself in the bathroom for like an hour just so I didnt have to talk to anyone. It was by far the most I have ever been affected by a sporting event. 

And then I got super drunk so I could pass out and forget all my hopes and dreams. It was very emotional.

2 minutes ago, Matts4313 said:

In the 2007 playoffs, after Crayton crushed every dream I have ever had, I went and locked myself in the bathroom for like an hour just so I didnt have to talk to anyone. It was by far the most I have ever been affected by a sporting event. 

Ugh brutal. I cried myself to sleep in '97 with the Marlins.

I had a miserable time in 2016 to the point of where I'm boycotting the World Series until the Tribe are back in it. They won't for a while because the Dolans suck.

At least I have the Browns/Cavs/Indians Ohio State Football.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, MWil23 said:

Ugh brutal. I cried myself to sleep in '97 with the Marlins.

I had a miserable time in 2016 to the point of where I'm boycotting the World Series until the Tribe are back in it. They won't for a while because the Dolans suck.

At least I have the Browns/Cavs/Indians Ohio State Football.

Why do we put ourselves through this? I really think any licensed psychiatrist would tell us we are slowly killing ourselves with these depressing letdowns.  

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Matts4313 said:

Why do we put ourselves through this? I really think any licensed psychiatrist would tell us we are slowly killing ourselves with these depressing letdowns.  

I also coach high school football. I think that I age 3 months each year during football season. I'm not completely joking.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, MWil23 said:

I also coach high school football. I think that I age 3 months each year during football season. I'm not completely joking.

I also coach youth football. 7 on 7 though, school coaches cant coach in the offseason in Texas so its up to dads. But that means I am coaching my child, which also ages me greatly. Luckily that team has won a lot of games. The only team to beat us in the last few years was from Miami and literally (and I mean literally) rented out the tulane practice facilities to prep for our game in New Orleans. 

We lost in double overtime by 1 point.

12 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

I’ve screamed 10x louder at youth games I’m coaching than I do at the TV when the Saints are in the playoffs. I know how that goes. 

Never blown my voice out watching Saints, did it two years in a row in the middle school football playoffs lmao 

Edited by Dome
  • Like 1