Movies & TV News/Buzz Thread

Acgott

10 minutes ago, THE DUKE said:

It's all about what responsibilities you have.  Before wife/kids i'd see 40-60 a year in the theater (triple feature for the win!) and twice that much at home.  I rarely watched TV as a young unencumbered lad.

I can barely sit through one movie in theaters let alone 3 in a row lol. I love seeing movies in theaters but I get so antsy sitting the same way for 2 hrs straight lol

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Tyty said:

I can barely sit through one movie in theaters let alone 3 in a row lol. I love seeing movies in theaters but I get so antsy sitting the same way for 2 hrs straight lol

I'm the same way.  I like going, but I am ready to get out of there, by the end of the film. 

17 hours ago, Tyty said:

I once went to a drive in for a quadruple feature.  I fell asleep on the 2nd one lol.

I basically agree, it's hard to sit through that many movies straight without moving around.  My wife and I watched Incredibles 2 and Ant Man and the Wasp last year as a double feature.  I was definitely ready to get out of there by the end.

I once spent an entire day at the AMC 30 in Easton (Columbus, OH). Got there at 11 AM and left after midnight. They did this thing (this was 2011 roughly) where every set of movies was shown on the opposite side of the lobby so you could find movie hoppers. The dudes working that day did not give a single eff lol. I was wearing an obnoxious Oregon volt yellow shirt that stood out in the crowd and must've refilled my soda 5x and visited the counter for snacks 3 times lol. Was a great time.

Edited by beekay414

5 hours ago, Outpost31 said:

I just wish we'd get a Guns N' Roses biopic.  Or a Led Zeppelin one. 

I would be all over GnR. They didnt have the kind of tragedies that Queen, Metallica or others did but there is definitely enough there to make a badazz movie. It might be even better as a HBO series. 

• Like 1

14 hours ago, broncofan48 said:

Maybe it's already been discussed but the movie "The Kid" with Dane Dehaan, Ethan Hawke and Chris Pratt looks pretty good imo, but i've always liked westerns

It looks too much like an indie excursion into pretentiousness to be any good.  It screams 6.3 IMDB rating that could have been good if it didn't try to be profound.