ProFootballFocus Top/Bottom at every position, as of Week 4

TheKillerNacho

8 minutes ago, dtait93 said:

No idea. I'm not sure what formula PFF uses to rate players or how their tiers work or if they even have tiers.

Whatever your job is now...imagine someone who could physically never qualify to do your job, doesn't understand the nuances of your job, and yet gives you a rating. 

And then charging people money to access this imaginary rating. A business model that works. 

30 minutes ago, JBURGE said:

I don't know what Casey's ranking is, but those guys are all in the 90s... Casey can still be playing great and be in the 80s. Is 80+ not considered elite for them?

He's got an 85.4 grade, which is considered "high quality". That is a level below the "elite" level.

Having said that, I don't care what grade PFF gives him, Casey has been playing at an elite All Pro level so far this year. It's the best I've ever seen him play in his career, and that's truly saying something.

43 minutes ago, FinSting said:

Whatever your job is now...imagine someone who could physically never qualify to do your job, doesn't understand the nuances of your job, and yet gives you a rating. 

And then charging people money to access this imaginary rating. A business model that works. 

This take is meh. Just because you didn’t play in the NFL doesn’t mean you can’t understand it. Former NFL players are some of the worst analysts around, and some of the best never touched an NFL field.

1 minute ago, MookieMonstah said:

This take is meh. Just because you didn’t play in the NFL doesn’t mean you can’t understand it. Former NFL players are some of the worst analysts around, and some of the best never touched an NFL field.

This. So much this. 

And I wish ESPN would take note. 

56 minutes ago, TitanSlim said:

He's got an 85.4 grade, which is considered "high quality". That is a level below the "elite" level.

Having said that, I don't care what grade PFF gives him, Casey has been playing at an elite All Pro level so far this year. It's the best I've ever seen him play in his career, and that's truly saying something.

LOL fletcher cox has played his best football and still can’t pass Donald whose been off to a slow start. GAWD MODE. GAWD MODE.

LEVELS TO THIS.

Couple of interesting Bronco ratings in there.

Connor McGovern (OG) has been excellent value for us this year, but I have a had time believing he's played like the best Guard in the league. He's had his issues in pass pro, especially against quick inside moves. The Ravens gave our entire OL fits on 3rd down.

Josey Jewell (ILB) has only really played starter calibre snaps the last two games, and that's because Brandon Marshall is carrying an injury. He was excellent against the Ravens, but I (obviously) haven't seen the all 22 film from the Chiefs game. It's kind of worth putting an asterisk on his name because of his limited snaps.

Shocked not to see Case in the bottom 5 QB's, but that list is rather pitiful so maybe he shouldn't be there.

8 minutes ago, Danger said:

So every center in the league is garbage this season? TBH

I'm pretty sure they made changes to their grading system. I think last year and before 70 was an average grade. I think that's been bumped down to 60, as 60 is in the yellow for grading and 65 starts the light green and it gets darker and darker as it goes all the way up to 90 where it turns blue. An example using their top 16 defenses just to give an idea to the variety of grades/their colors:

qzoT3KY.png

40 minutes ago, MookieMonstah said:

PFF has no idea the responsibility for all 22 players every single snap. Their opinions make money, so more power to them. It's all entertainment. 

Donald Penn has been an absolute disaster this season and deserves to be ranked worse in the league. He has been halfassing it this whole season. He’s too old too slow and doesn’t even try half the time. He literally pulled a Daria and barely moved his hand up and let in an untouched DE.

27 minutes ago, FinSting said:

PFF has no idea the responsibility for all 22 players every single snap. Their opinions make money, so more power to them. It's all entertainment. 

Nobody does. They come the closest compared to any other statistic/grading system. This is a moot point, none of us know either so should we not have opinions on players?

Archived