Stock Investing

rickyt31

11 hours ago, twslhs20 said:

I keep holding on NKLA like a bad penny.

Same. I got assigned at $40 on a cash secured put. I actually feel like the news today about Milton stepping down was good for the long term future of the company. As long as GM sticks with the deal, and Bosch continues to support I think there is a good chance the stock recovers quite a bit once all this noise dies down. The new CEO is a GM appointee so there has to be something there of value that GM is staking their reputation on. I've read much of the worth in the future will come from the hydrogen refueling network Nikola was/is building more so then the Badger which I think will just become a GM truck line. No doubt we got sucked into a bit of a fraud but I don't see it as a full on Theranos. There is a product here In the meantime I'll sell $45 calls on it and may very well sell another put on it to average down.

If you have more then 100 shares you should consider selling covered calls on it to recoup some of your losses.

13 hours ago, Shockwave said:

Same. I got assigned at $40 on a cash secured put. I actually feel like the news today about Milton stepping down was good for the long term future of the company. As long as GM sticks with the deal, and Bosch continues to support I think there is a good chance the stock recovers quite a bit once all this noise dies down. The new CEO is a GM appointee so there has to be something there of value that GM is staking their reputation on. I've read much of the worth in the future will come from the hydrogen refueling network Nikola was/is building more so then the Badger which I think will just become a GM truck line. No doubt we got sucked into a bit of a fraud but I don't see it as a full on Theranos. There is a product here In the meantime I'll sell $45 calls on it and may very well sell another put on it to average down.

If you have more then 100 shares you should consider selling covered calls on it to recoup some of your losses.

I know we've talked about options before. I just don't know enough about them to do them. I'm more in investment mode currently. As I learn more, I may consider a bit of day trading as a side hustle. I appreciate the advice though. Glad to see I'm not the only one here in the trenches with this stock. I agree that, if GM has serious skin in the game, it gives me real optimism to hold, and buy more potentially.  I like the business model of building fuel cell infrastructure to go along with the shipping trucks. Everyone is too focused on the controversy surrounding the badger.

I've been short term trading while I look for work....so far, so lucky. It's been a good three months of making money. That said, I'd not recommend it to people........unless you have savings to gamble with.

Basically I have a list of 10-20 stocks I really like long term. If they go down for now reason, I buy them, and sell them at 5% profit. It is possible I would have more money had I held onto 1-2 of them the last couple months, but maybe not. I'm basically re-gambling the same 20-30K over and over....

On 9/21/2020 at 9:40 PM, Shockwave said:

im not educated enough to do anything more complicated than straight buy or sells but whats the deal with NKLA. I know the short story on the now former CEO and i get theres no real concrete product, but the stock has bounced back some over the last few days. On top of that the target price is intriguing and theres either mostly buy or hold suggestions on it. Worth taking a stab for a short term profit or stay away you figure?