Raiders CB Sean Smith charged with assault

RaidersAreOne

5 hours ago, Fureys49ers said:

I don't watch too many Raider games so I could very well be mistaken. Looks as though he had picked up where he left off from those Falcon and Saints games during last weeks preseason game though. Still a lot of money for a CB who was trending towards the bench.

I mean I'd rather go off of 14 regular season games than 1 preseason game... right? Am I the only one who isn't super down on Sean Smith? We need to let him press more too. Has been a schematic issue.

8 hours ago, PatriotsWin! said:

Hmmm, sister's boyfriend? Depending on the reason for beating him up, I might not fault Smith here. Should wait for the whole story.

Stopping on someone's head goes a little beyond normal no? I agree with you about protecting family, but there is a right and wrong way to go about it. Stomping on someones head seems to cross the line.

1 hour ago, big_palooka said:

Stopping on someone's head goes a little beyond normal no? I agree with you about protecting family, but there is a right and wrong way to go about it. Stomping on someones head seems to cross the line.

Depends on what happened really.

Who replaces him on the Raiders?

6 hours ago, MrOaktown_56 said:

I mean I'd rather go off of 14 regular season games than 1 preseason game... right? Am I the only one who isn't super down on Sean Smith? We need to let him press more too. Has been a schematic issue.

Well I wasn't just judging Smiths performance with the Raiders from just one preseason game. I've watched raider games last season more than just the Saints and Falcons in which I believe he was pulled from both after giving up multiple big plays. I seem to remember him allowing big plays against the Panthers as well. Someone earlier brought up how Smith only allowed one catch for every 11.6 plays in coverage which isn't all that telling to me about his play, more so that opposing QBs could go anywhere with the ball and be effective. Even when allowing only one catch every 11.6 pass covering plays he also allowed 999 yards, ranking him 2nd in the league in yards allowed. So when he allowed those catches he was letting up bigger plays than desired. Costing the Raiders about 10 mil a season that's not really the stat you want from the CB you brought in to be your CB 1. Going into this season there was talk about already being demoted to second string and possible trade rumors as well.

2 minutes ago, bucsfan333 said:

He's facing up to seven years in prison. The NFL might not have to do anything.

No, you or I would be facing seven years in prison. Doubt Smith gets a month.

Anybody know what the "minimium" NFL punishment for this kind of crime is, or is there only an established minimum for DV?

Archived