Random Ravens Thoughts: New Forum Edition

drd23

8 minutes ago, diamondbull424 said:

After all the trash talk of putting Lamar down and then once again by the trolling they did after winning their “Super Bowl“ against us, I definitely do not feel bad for them in the slightest. They didn’t even finish at .500 last season and were talking about how they would be making multiple playoff appearances in a row over the next few seasons. This was the Eagles Dream Team all over again.

That's not fair. The Dream Team Eagles finished at .500. 

• Like 3

There's no doubt in my mind that being a key/major part of these possibly historic Lamar Jackson rushing attacks will push Marshal Yanda's already rock solid HOF chances over the top. He's transitioning from hyper consistent but "quiet" dominance, into some very "loud" resume padding. And will have been underrated throughout it all. I don't think he'll be first ballot, but imo even Raven fans underestimate just how respected he is by his peers. We're lucky to have seen so many of the game's best put on that Purple & Black, and while Yanda will always live in the shadow of no debate GOATs like Ed & Ray, he'll go down as one of the best to play his position himself. So happy to see him healthy, happy, and still balling out at this stage of his career. If he wants to retire after this season, let's make sure it's with another ring in tow.

53 minutes ago, M.10.E said:

My god, we better not blow next week's game.

Lol yep. I feel like one of the more frustrating staples of the Harbaugh era has been routinely following up statement wins with huge letdown losses, though I think you could argue that had as much to do with Flacco's inconsistency as anything else. As much as beating the Pats said a lot about how good we can potentially be, beating the pants off of our bogey team next week would fully demonstrate that this team is something different.

I think Harbaugh's legitimately in play for Coach of the Year now as well so hopefully that brings a little extra motivation in terms of making sure we come prepared next week. 

The Ravens will transcend the trap game. Lamar, King of the North, has a ton of momentum and I fully expect the team to take advantage of a newb QB. Our defense is playing A LOT better than the Jefferson era and I believe that trend will continue. Just like Belicheck, Harbaugh doesn't do a ton of losing to rookies and bots. I have full faith the Ravens will continue with the Disrespect mantra...

VIOLENCE!  SPEED!  MOMENTUM! 

12 hours ago, baltimoreRebel said:

So could I. That Brownies dude was so angry after their loss that he tagged me out of nowhere. For real. Saying at least they beat us 😂

You were going through and troll liking posts.  Like I said then, no need to act ignorant as to why I tagged you. 

That said, I’m here for my slice of humble pie.

@baltimoreRebel @AFlaccoSeagulls @wackywabbit @Ray Reed @RavensfanRD @diamondbull424 and anyone else I may be forgetting, I (and other Browns fans) talked out our arses all last offseason. We bought into the hype, 100%.

We won a game as a fluke and you guys are clearly the class of the division and maybe the conference.

Baker has regressed, Freddie is a moronic hillbilly, and we have a team full of divas.

Lamar Jackson is the best QB in the division and ‘18 draft class at this point and it’s not close.

Like I said, here for comeuppance, have at it.

• Like 4

9 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

You were going through and troll liking posts.  Like I said then, no need to act ignorant as to why I tagged you. 

That said, I’m here for my slice of humble pie.

@baltimoreRebel @AFlaccoSeagulls @wackywabbit @Ray Reed @RavensfanRD @diamondbull424 and anyone else I may be forgetting, I (and other Browns fans) talked out our arses all last offseason. We bought into the hype, 100%.

We won a game as a fluke and you guys are clearly the class of the division and maybe the conference.

Baker has regressed, Freddie is a moronic hillbilly, and we have a team full of divas.

Lamar Jackson is the best QB in the division and ‘18 draft class at this point and it’s not close.

Like I said, here for comeuppance, have at it.

Looking back on it, it is amazing they went with Freddie as HC. I feel bad for the guy, just because he was given a job WAY above his ability but he had no choice but to take it. It's every coaches career goal to be HC for a pro team. Who knows what would have happened if you guys decided on a real HC with a track record of developing QBs. IMO the front office needs to take the blame. If the GM hires a baboon to coach the team and the team fails, you don't blame the baboon. 

4 minutes ago, AngusMcFife said:

Looking back on it, it is amazing they went with Freddie as HC. I feel bad for the guy, just because he was given a job WAY above his ability but he had no choice but to take it. It's every coaches career goal to be HC for a pro team. Who knows what would have happened if you guys decided on a real HC with a track record of developing QBs. IMO the front office needs to take the blame. If the GM hires a baboon to coach the team and the team fails, you don't blame the baboon. 

Dorsey was in a rough spot.

This franchise hasn’t seen anything resembling success in decades and Freddie instantly revived the offense and had Baker playing some fantastic football.  If we let Freddie walk and Baker regressed anyway, Cleveland would be burning right now.